Bulluck Tired of Losing Along with Those Who Accept It

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: LB Keith Bulluck is tired of losing and feels the team needs a sense of urgercy to win. He has been more vocal lately towards players who don't appear to have winning as their primary focus. "With me, I always feel there’s a sense of urgency," Bulluck said. "I don’t see how you can get things done in life without having a sense of urgency. Life doesn’t stop for anyone. When you go out and put out a performance such as we did, there needs to be a sense of urgency. Also, it is still camp and no cuts have been made. It’s one of those things to let these younger guys know to get their [expletive] in line and let’s go. Don’t worry about whether you’re going to be here or not, or whatever you’ve got on your mind. If you’re in it, you’re in it." Bulluck is ready to remove dead weight from the team. "I’m sure that after we make the cuts that we need to make, we might even need to make more, because we need to get it. We need people around here that this thing matters to them, not people that are just here and worrying about who can take their spot. Whatever the case may be, people just need to get out here and play football and try and win games."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

This is what needs to be said. They players on both sides of the ball need to stop thinking about the other things and just play football.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

maybe he needs to yell at Schwartz instead of the other players

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think he'd love to, I just don't think it would go over well with Fisher and the rest of the organisation.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so they fine him. It isn't like he couldn't afford it. At least he gets his point across.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The players aren't buying what Schwartz is selling.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

doesn't matter if they are buying it or not. IMO it is going to take some players stepping up and telling Schwartz or Fisher what they think.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it was among the best quotes I've read for a long time.

9. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

It wasn't Schwartz that was out of position 90% of the game against Denver. It wasn't Schwartz that looked apathetic the entire game. I'm not saying that Schwartz doesn't deserve some of the blame, but the players were the ones making the mistakes and giving very little effort. Could the defense have been better schemed for Denver's offense? Yes, but it was a pre-season game. That is the time to see effort and desire, not gameplans and schemes. I think what Bulluck is doing is calling out the people who will make the most difference if this team has any chance of succeeding this year, the players.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Tennessean Article

So who exactly is Hope is calling out? Who has a starting job, but in Hope's opinion, doesn't give a flip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar