Bulluck situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I can understand the thinking that we are in a good position to retain him since he's now damaged goods and won't be as attractive of a FA as he was scheduled to be before the injury. But I still say you guys are giving him way too much cred. Sure he's got a high football IQ but if his body ain't right, then he's useless to us.

A 1 year deal might be ok IF he's making good progress. But we can't go into the season "hoping" that he's back up to speed. That's too big of a risk. McRath has played ok, but he's not ready to take over Keith's spot just yet. We'll need a vet with experience that can try to fill in for Keith.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

If anything, Bulluck doesn't get enough credit. He has been one of the best, if not the best 4-3 OLB in the league for a while now.

That said, he's not likely to come off this surgery the same as he was. I like Britt, but this is why I would have liked to see us pick up Laurinaitis last year. A bit of an insurance policy.

The Titans have a couple more days to consider a franchise tag. If I know my Titans, they won't use it on Bulluck. They will let Bulluck test the market. A team will scoop him up. We'll push McGrath ahead and sign a cheap veteran (possibly Stamer, who's been in our system) for depth. I know it's not sexy, but that's how I see it playing out.

3. Big Time Titan

Keith has definitely been one of the most underrated LBs in the league over the past 10 years, but he ain't gonna be the same old Keith. His mind might be, but this injury isn't something he's just gonna be able to shake off as easily as some seem to believe.

Your last point up here sucks because it's so d@mn true. It's probably exactly what do, maybe not Stamer but some other no-name scrub.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

......and that's why we will not make it to the Super Bowl! If all the other teams have all the good players, they go to the Super Bowl.

5. Big Time Titan

It is that simple, yet Fish and Co. just don't seem to get that.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Bulluck: 'I'm lean, but I'm still mean'

Interesting bit of information there. You know, the Titans do this with free agents quite often; let them test the market and hope the market low balls them into coming back. This may be the extremely rare occasion it actually works. He can't run? Therefore, he can't workout when he's making his rounds, plus he's under weight. He's lucky Reinfeldt called his agent at all. Rehab is going well enough considering the time frame, but it will still be a while before he gets back to 100%, assuming he does. How does he intend to snatch some crazy contract from another team when he's nowhere near playing shape?

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Things are looking better for those in the Titans territory. Somehow, we managed to re-sign Donny Nickey. I'm glad we were able to do that before a team like the Colts or the Saints snatched him up. I heard that last year, Donny Nickey won our Homerun Derby. It's a shame he can't do the same thing in football!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's actually a fairly athletic guy. Ran a 4.5 40-yard dash, has like a 35" vertical, but just can't play defense too well.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Franchise tag? $9.7M for a guy in rehab?

How is Bulluck going to test the market when he can't pass a physical?

Maybe just out of respect and appreciation for what he has done we can offer him a few million salary one year deal with incentives. I wouldn't object to that but as Fisher said in a Tennessean article there is no reason to rush the issue when he is in rehab and can't pass a physical.

It might not be until May or june when the titans or another team finally signs him.

10. Big Time Titan

We might end up being his only option.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar