Bulluck retiring as a Titan on Friday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

Linebacker Keith Bulluck left Tennessee after the 2009 season. He’ll return on Friday to officially call it a career.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Bulluck will retire as a Titan during a visit to training camp as part of his SiriusXM NFL Radio duties. Bulluck started 130 games as a member of the team from 2000 through 2009.

“I grew from a young man to a grown man in Nashville,” Bulluck said. ”The community embraced me and I played a lot of great football there. It is only right that I come back home to Nashville and let the Titans’ fans, the Keith Bulluck fans, and the people of Nashville have this happen.”

He tore an ACL in 2009, and he signed with the Giants as a free agent in 2010. Bulluck was out of the league in 2011.

“I had my mind made up last September,” Bulluck said. “I had a great career. I have a beautiful family, I have a little bit of change. I am all right.”

Bulluck left the Giants one year before a Super Bowl win, and he arrived in Tennessee one year after a Super Bowl appearance.

[​IMG]
    Source: Pro Football Talk

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

One of the best for the Titans. Shame he never got a ring.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Great news. Bulluck will forever be one of my favorite Titans.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Bulluck is my second favorite Titan. Shame he could not get a ring here.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You guys said it. Great Titan and too bad he didn't get a ring.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Thanks to Keith Bulluck for all of his hard work and dedication while he was a member of the Titans!!!!!!!!!! If we had a whole team of guys that played and approached the game like he did, we would already have multiple rings. Whether he actually ends up there or not, he was a hall of fame NFL player imo.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'll never forget the pain in his eyes at the end of that Ravens playoff game in Jan. 09. You knew he felt just like we did.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I wish it wouldn't have ended the way it did with the Titans and he.

But I'm glad he decided to make amends and come back and retire as a Titan. God knows Giants fans won't care if he retires there.

I don'r feel nearly as betrayed by him as I do about McNair and Mason.

9. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Great Titan. One of my faves. He'll be missed!

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

One of the best we've ever had. Extremely underrated for his entire career nationally.

Glad to see this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar