Bulluck No Longer One Man Show

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Despite leading the Titans in tackles the last four seasons, LB Keith Bulluck is never satisfied. "He is always striving to get better. And he should be in a position to do that this year," said LB Coach Dave McGinnis. "Now it is not a one-man show. The (NFL) is not a one-man show at all. He, by no means, is saying he has to do it all. But he has to do everything he does at a top level and if he continues to do that ... it will be huge for us." Bulluck's goals are to finish with 10 sacks, which would be twice as many as he had last season, and to total at least 150 tackles again. Free-agent linebacker David Thornton could help Bulluck reach those goals. Putting Bulluck and Thornton on opposite sides of veteran Peter Sirmon in the middle makes for a talented trio. "I am just going to let it play out," Bulluck said. "As far as them coming in and helping me, we'll see. If I am freed up more, then it happens, but I am getting myself to play the best football I have ever played."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'd like to see number #53 connect with #32. When I think of Bulluck last year I think of the Pacman turmoil. He may had been on the side of justice there but I'd like to see those two truly bury the hatchet. Some of the coverage breakdowns may have been a product of lack of communication/chemistry etc... those means will not meet Bulluck's desired ends... I'd like to see Bulluck slap Pac on the back of the helmet or something. I just want to see a sign that all is truly well. Pac has the potential to be a leader... he's has the mouth and the lungs that is for sure... all he needs is a message. I just want Bulluck to set an example for Pac and the entire team... I want to see Bulluck be a better field general in 2006.

Go #53! Go #32! Go D! Go Titans!

3. H Man

H Man Guest

Improved comms will be a plus. I think Sirmon might be more influential in that regard...at least in getting the defense set. Whatever it takes, and however they do it, I'm just ready to see some nasty defense again!!!

4. Bulluck < Manning

5. H Man

H Man Guest

OK. I may be old, but I'm slow. I don't get it.

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

yeaah whatever man but it should be really exciting to have Bulluck and Thornton opposite of each other...

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that would be an inequality. It reads Bulluck is less than Manning. Brush up on your math LazyMan... I think you meant it the other way. :coltssuk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inequality

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

like the people, things work backwards in England. :brow:

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

10 sacks? Well players always seem to set lofty goals, but that'd be sweet. I'm thinking he set the same goal for last year.

I don't think he had as good a year last year as he did in 04. I thought he actually looked slower at times.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he cant get ten sacks if we dont blitz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar