Bulluck Cantonized?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You cannot compare receiver stats to tackle stats...it's just not the same. The tackle stats do not show the net yards gained, as receiver stats do. Posting "partial" stats like tackles, would be the same as a receivers getting 70 catches, but one gets 1000 yards out of it but another only gets 300 yards. So yes, in this case, you really do have to watch the game to evaluate LB play. You are trying to compare apples to bananas. I cited games where he noticeably played bad during certain plays, you are more than welcome to cite games where he excelled at those same situations.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont have to, the DVOA did that for me saying he did it very well overall through out the season.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

How the hell is Richard Seymour #6? :ha:

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You have to read what other people say to do your evaluations? Sorry for you.....I can watch a game and see who is performing. Maybe your vision is blurred from those rose colored glasses.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

out of curiosity, who do you think are the great/good numbers two WRs in the nfl?

6. Are you serious?The guy has been one of the most consistint OLB in the game and all he does is produce and people still question his game.You think Shawne Merriman is a good OLB??OVER RATEDis what he is.Why does he deserve to go to the pro bowl?Because he does his stupid @ss lights out dance and had 17 sacks,good for him,all the guy does is blitz.He test positive for steroids and the NFL rewards him with a pro bowl.Hes awful in pass coverage and is decent against the run.You put Bulluck in San Diego's defense and the guy will walk away with 17 sacks plus 8-10 picks.I'm so tired of these LB's gettin praised when the only thing they can do is sack the QB.There's very few LB that can cover,blitz,and play the run effectively and Keith is one of them.Is Keith a HOF, maybe not yet but like someone mentioned if he puts up the same numbers and wins a superbowl in the next 3-5 years he deserves to be.

Maybe you should watch some games and learn the OLB position more before you speak.I'll give you a little football 101 lesson.Keith plays weak side,so he plays away from the strength of the formation.Most successfull teams like the patriots,run screens and sweeps to the weak side where the defense is more vunerable.So yes there were times he was out of the play because he was tryin to fight off 1-2 blockers.Playing behind laboy,brown,savage,and odom last year didn't help because at times they were to busy tryin to sack the qb instead of playing the assignments....but you knew that already

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Merriman jucies, nuff said

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Keith is a victim of the market he's in. However, Vince brings the national spotlight and perhaps will bring more national attention to the other outstanding players on the team.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Swartz calls the defensive assignments...but you knew that. And yes, the keyword is he was "tryin" to fight off blocks....unsuccessfully. It's his biggest weakeness. While I will concede if we had a better RDE, he might be able to be more involved, he has some problems in his play. See if you can find a copy of last years Giants game...then you will see why he is not pro bowl material. You can't just rant on about the good plays, you have to take into account all plays.

10. I think i know who are defense of cordinator is smart *** and hes sucks.He needs tp learn how to call plays and play to the players strengths.Schwartz calls the defense yes,but Keith goes away from the strength of the offense thats his position.SO it doesn't matter what Schwartz calls he just knows that he is gonna line up away from all the action.Fightin off lineman and fullbacks espically sometimes 2 at a time is not that easy.Give the guy some credit, the fact that he can still put up over a 140 tackles year in and year out, playing every snap since hes started,and plays away from all the action speaks volumes about his play.Your to concered about him hiding from Brandon Jacobs.Do you kow how many times i saw joey Porter practically "ole" Jerome Bettis when they played.Ive seen Derrick Brooks "ole" T.J Duckett,means nothin the guy is still probaly goin to canton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar