Bulluck and Thorton out for the season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by UVATitan, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

This could potentially mean Bulluck is back next season, despite what it looks like on the surface... he could be back, cheap.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Keith Bulluck is not only strong physically, but even more so mentally. He has faith and an amazing support system in family and friends. Yes, it's incredibly sad, amazingly ironic and just effed up that this could not have happened at a worse time. Honestly, his family and friends are more tore up about this than him.

In the big picture, he has been incredibly blessed and had a good run in Nashville. Despite his age, he remains an incredible athlete and unfortunately, his injury came so late in his career. He could be a man who wallows in pity and wonders why a man who has given so much of himself, his time and money to others could have such an unfortunate thing happen to him. However, when God closes a door, it's to open another door. Everything happens for a reason, and while we may not understand it at the time, eventually it's revealed to you.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As much as I'm a fan of #53, I think this is the end for him in a Titans uni. There are degrees of severity with an ACL and, if this is the kind which will take a season to get back to 100%, how can anyone justify giving him a long-term deal? I just don't see it coming from the Titans or anyone else.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think the odds of KB being back in Titans blue is as good if not better now than it was before the injury. He will be forced to sign a cheaper, shorter term deal probably and it is going to be much easier for him to stay in TN than try and go somewhere else.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I side more with this line of thinking. But we have to prepare for the chance that Bulluck is unable to comeback as the player he's been for his whole career.

I really like Bulluck, one of my favorite Titans ever. Hope he makes a full recovery and comes back a leading OLB again.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's hard to predict at the moment, but my gut reaction is that this will keep him from getting a contract for the majority of the offseason, and he could sign somewhere right before the start of the season or during once he can show his rehab. In that case, he may be more likely to stay here than he was before the injury.

We signed Winfield (sp?) to a two year deal. That could mean that we don't pick a LB high in the draft, and either wait a year to do that, or try to get Keith back on the team after rehab.

I feel bad for Bulluck, for so many reason. I'm sorry that he lost a lot of the money that he's getting ready to lose. However, he's been well compensated for the last six or so years since he re-signed with us, so I'm not worried about him. I wouldn't blame him for just retiring, but I'm not surprised that he's going to try and come back. It'll be hard for him, he probably can't rehab as quickly for the ACL as he could have five years ago, but he could come back and be 100% by the end of next season.

I hope he comes back, but this injury is huge. If he doesn't make it back, or makes it back but doesn't return to the Titans, then this is a huge week for the franchise. Bulluck is the last of the first group of successful titans. Kearse is still here, but his absence and benching really cut down on his impact. McNair, George, Wycheck, Matthews, Hentrich, Haynesworth, Rolle, Mason, and now Bulluck. The first group of Titans stars may be completely gone.

7. 24

24 Starter

Knowing our front office, we won't draft a CB in the first round, because we drafted two last year. Chances are, we take a DE (the draft is deep at this position), or take a LB. McClain will go early, but we have a shot at Spikes or Weatherspoon. I honestly don't mind either player.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Nate Washington re injured his Ankle also. count him out since it's a short week.

Should we rest some of our starters? Season is pretty much over with all these injuries.

9. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

You can't replace Bulluck's heart on the field. We'll certainly notice his absence.

10. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

i am very comfortable with McRath i think he can be a stud for us but im worried about Allred and or Keglar but hopefully they step up and show they can be godo football players

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar