Bud...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TexasTitan24, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

I think its time to part ways with Fisher,I really like Fisher and it was nice what he did as head coach of this organization, but I think we really need some change. It will be the best for both sides. Also, just a suggestion get Mike Shanahan.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm with you TT24. Grateful for what Fisher has done, how well he represented this organization but it is time to part ways. Sometimes relationships just fizzle out and that's what has happened in this case.

I also backup your Shanahan nomination. With all those 1,000 yard rushers in Denver, he would work wonders with Lendale and CJ.

3. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Mike won two superbowls with Elway after that hes been average except a conference champ appearence. No thanks. Jeff is just fine thank you. 0-5 sucks but it's not worth firing a man that went 13-3 last year. So what, we may have to wait untill 2010 for our championship. Stop acting like spoiled fans and act like you can handle some dissapoinent. There's no quick fix here, it's gonna take patience. Deal with it or bump around to the current hot team every year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. pettso

pettso Starter

Championship in 2010? :lol:

5. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

You define a fair weather fan. They key to winning in the NFL is consistency. And the AFC South is probably one of the most difficult divisions in the NFL. You don't pop off 10 wins in a row one year and suddenly become a bad coach the next. Wake up man!

If Fisher departed in TN, you would be begging for him back before 1/2 season. And Shanahan? C'mon, man...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

Dude I have been a Titan fan since they were the Oilers, Sure Fisher is a great coach. He is probably one the greatest coaches in the league right now. Yeah we were 13-3 last year and we made it to the playoffs I was grateful that Jeff led us there. But we are just being out coached right now, sure injuries in the secondary is killing us right now but before they happen we had the same generic team from last year. So we should be playoff contenders this year, but we are 0-5 and the season pretty much looks like a rebuilding year. I guess the only thing that pisses me off about Fisher is that he does not adjust to his players he make them adjust to a set system. Well I wouldn't mind Fisher if he fired Dinger because obviously Dinger is horrible OC...I'm praying Fisher just shows a spark to show us the future will be better

7. 24

24 Starter

I don't think he's a fair weather fan. Anyone who posts on a Titans forum has some loyalty. On the same note, I don't agree with giving up on Fisher. Consistency is key in this league. Remember, we were 13-3 last year and everybody was praising Fisher.

8. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

I would hate to see Fish go...but if it must happen you have to look at Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy and John Gruden......I think those are pretty much the front runners on everyones head coaching watch. Cowher would be great in TN, he plays a tough/smashmouth type of football and thats what needs to be brought back to SMASHVILLE!!!

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I still like and respect Fisher but sometimes a change is good it's been a long time of Jeff doing his thing and I'd like to see what another coach would bring.

I think that Cowher would be too similar in style to Fisher for my tastes.If we're going to change I'd like to see a more dramatic change of direction.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

CHUCKY!!!!
    [​IMG]

I love the fact that Gruden has become infatuated with the wildcat and spread option offences. He's said that he thinks it's just a matter of time before someone runs the full spread option in the NFL. A buddy pointed out the Gruden is notoriously hard on QB's and that there's no way VY could handle his caustic, sarcastic approach to dealing with signal callers. I like VY, I think he should be starting at this point, but the time for handling him with kid glves should be long past gone... unleash Gruden on him... if he can't handle the heat GTFO.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar