Bud tells jeff he wants VY to start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by patitansfan, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Here is what he said:
    Seems pretty reasonable - he has to find out if the guy is worth keeping and paying that much money for. And maybe he can spark something with his style of play, who knows? At this stage there's nothing to lose and maybe something to gain. I'd like to see him out there but my vote doesn't count...

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Boy, this is going to be interesting. Sounds to me like VY is starting. Fisher's coy game is sportmanship to some degree, but the cover up fools nobody. I think VY is starting. You don't have competitions at practice in the middle of the season. It's a change. It has to be.

If VY wins, boy that would be vindication for VY fans. It would really cement in my mind that he wins football games.

I personally think it will take a few games to shake off the rust. But I really want to see him do well out of the gate.

This is the right decision no matter how it turns out. We are in a no lose situation. If VY loses games, we get a top pick to correct the situation. If VY succeeds, then we know we have a winner and had one the whole time.

All I ask is the Fish give him Britt and CJ so that there is no question he was given the tools to have chance out there.

3. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

at this point in the season , it makes sense to play vince cause KFC isn't getting the job done, and he has been a little careless with the ball, hence the fumbled snaps, int's, and too much of throwing out of bounds. Atleast with Vince the offense will be more interesting, instead of throwing out of bounds, he could run for 20 -30 yards, keeping the drive alive. I am hoping this turns out to be another 2006 year, like he had, cause I think he could be a good qb, if he had coaches that helped him out. I think we threw him into the starting position to fast, and now I think he is matured. I don't know his work ethic, I don't go to practices, but from what I can tell he is ready to go, and I hope he does well!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If VY wins, it will be vindication for everyone. Hell, even him coming in for the FO to assess if he's worth keeping will be vindication for everyone to some degree.
    Let's just see if the VY haters (you know who you are) will admit they were wrong if Vince does come out and start lighting it up. I doubt it though.

Hopefully it won't take him more than a half to clear the cobwebs. However, what's more important is that Fisher and Dinger set him up to succeed...by mixing in a heavy dose of plays and formations into the playbook that cater to Vince's strengths and athleticism.
    If they try to keep him in the pocket and force him to make passes and run passing plays beyond his ability...he won't succeed.

Can't argue with that.

Don't forget to ask Dinger to have some plays designed for Vince ready too!
    I want to see plenty of shotgun formations (plenty of which are designed to get CJ the ball in space), rollouts and bootlegs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Vince doesn't know the playbook? Where did you get that info?

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm thinking the same place where he gets all his other negative information...from his colon.

7. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

The past between VY and Fish.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

The nice men in white jackets who give him his pills told him.

9. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

You mean the men in white jackets from Mental-Vince's suicide watch days right?

10. amy

amy Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar