Bud sends a letter to the fans. (rant alert)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

To Bud:

I want to address with you where we are as a fan base as you enter this time of labor uncertainty. You're right. We're frustrated and tired of NFL team owners acting like they give a damn about the fans.

If owners cared about fans, they'd not charge full price for glorified scrimmages. They wouldn't be asking PSL holders to pay for tickets six months before a season which might not happen. Enjoy that interest.

If you cared about the fans, you'd work harder at making the Titans game day experience better and not the same commercial-driven, boring crap we've endured for 12 seasons. We're tired of getting raped for concessions which, for the most part, suck to begin with. Think you could fix the sound system which hasn't worked for eight seasons? How about opening all the damn gates and hiring more "pat-downers" so we don't have to stand in line 20 minutes to get in?

Take a minute to think about how much money the average fan spends for your product. I sit no where near the fifty and figure I've spent around $30,000 since the move to LP Field if you include parking, tailgating, gear and concessions. That's a drop in the bucket compared to many others I know. And you wonder why more of us are staying home and watching the games in HD?

Want to get this solved, Bud? Open your books. Prove how much the franchise has suffered. But that would also mean the other owners would know how much you're making too and that might get ugly.

Until then, think about seeing a lot of "long-term support" end if there's no football in 2011.

• High Five High Five x 25
  2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It took about one 24 hour period of this nonsense for me to stop giving a crap about talking/thinking football.
    Seems pointless to me right now. Much more interested in the movie threads etc.

Still think this won't hurt ya, Bud?

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Same here. I'm over it for the time being.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree. The last time I was dumped (Big Dead leaving St. Louis in 1987) I really stopped being a full time NFL fanatic again until the Oilers came to Nashville. I watched games, but was not spending any additional cash, or actually traveling to see games live.

With everything else going on in the world right now, this just seems trivial to me...both sides need to get slapped around here IMO, but there are much more important things to pay attention to at this point.

If there is no season, I agree that the NFL loses alot of support, much like MLB did in 1994.

I am not a season ticket holder (do not live there). Will you all get reimbursed? If so, when?

For my part I will be waiting until a settlement is reached before siging up for NFL Sunday Ticket this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If it cancels a season the NFL will suffer and the players will suffer even more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not missing anything at this point, the draft will still happen, and you can call me a monkey's uncle if there isn't a season this year. The players will cave first.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Oh but Jake Scott begs the differ!

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My brother is mega-p'oed if the season is gone. He is going over and wants to see a few games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar