Bud Adams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Ive been reading A LOT in the media claiming that Bud is a "meddling owner", drawing comparisons to Jerry Jones and Al Davis, but over the last 15 years I really haven't seen it. Other than forcing the team to draft McNair out of little Alcorn State over Kerry Collins out of Penn (who Fisher wanted) and VY over Matt Lineart (who is now a 3rd string QB for THE TEXANS :ha:) he has relatively been quiet compared to owners in more major markets.

He asked that VY be put in once the season was going down hill in 06 and 09, but save for the QB situation he hasnt said much at all. There are plenty of times where he would have been more than validated in speaking out (the entire 2003 draft, Peter Sirmon, LaMont Thompson, all the terrible corners we drafted, how terrible we draft after the 3rd round for the last decade, inability to draft a decent WR save before Britt, Randy Moss NOT SEEING THE FIELD AT ALL).

Can anyone give any examples of how he has meddled other than when we were drafting a highly paid QB with a top pick in McNair and VY? :irked:

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The media is simply a couple of guys who own a sports station. That's this "media" that we talk about. They don't always represent the opinion of the public and they're not always right. They barely even know the names of the players on our team and now all of a sudden they're experts of the Titans?

We all know how credible America's "media" is right now. And I don't care what station you watch.

3. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

u have any examples of these stories? not sayin your lyin i just havent seen/ heard it much... wanted to see what they were sayin

i for one think its a stupid statment... he's not even in the same league as al davis and jerry jones,period

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

meddling? Senile Bud doesnt even know where he is half the time.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Too involved? A meddler? H3!! I would say that the big knock on Bud is that he isn't involved enough. You would think that Fisher owns this team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I wouldn't call Bud senile. He's the reason we had a shot at playoffs in '06 and in '09. He saved us from Fisher.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Let's hope he saves us from Fisher for good this time.

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...nsistence-lead-to-Jeff-Fisher-?urn=nfl-288213

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/524804-vince-young-jeff-fisher-and-bud-adams-a-tale-of-three-egos

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ud-adams-speaks-as-if-things-arent-bad-enough

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/22/jeff-fisher-or-vince-young-bud-adams-sentences-them-to-live-tog/

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

We really have no idea how often Bud Adams is in Jeff Fisher's ear. Think about it... Jeff Fisher is relatively quiet when it comes to in house affairs. We see other coaches for the Raiders, Cowboys, and Redskins vent to the media and we see Davis, Jones and Snyder expose themselves to the media. Bud Adams may be a thorn in Jeff's side for all we know. Jeff isn't about to let on about it. Just think about it.

10. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

thanx for the links... but as i figured they're all about one or two situations and dont really paint a good picture of how he's "meddling"

bipolar: my thing is, its not up to fisher when and if we hear about bud being " in his ear"... its not like fisher called a conference and told everyone what bud said or did, yet we still know all about it. i would imagine they have other conversations but if he was meddling we'd hear about it just has we have in both the VY scenerios...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar