Bud Adams.......................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm sorry to push the off topic button but in response to these posts I need to add (and I'm sorry, Jeff, Starkiller, Nigel, Titans, A.D. ;) ) and I swear this is true! ... my son has been watching episode 4 for the past hour.

edit: since you never saw any of them if I were you I would begin with episode 1.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Wow - that's amazing. My son started with Episode 1 and he's now watching 4 (which is the original, right). I'm not even half-watching it really. Surfing the net on my laptop while it is on in the background.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think if Fisher is retained, he will be around $6M per or plus. He's already at $5M, so 3-4.x ain't gonna cut it.

We'll see if they get it done in less than two weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if this thing drags out a bit longer.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I wanna see Fish signed to a big deal but we need to really think about something. Do we seriously want him here for that many more years? Maybe its time for a change? Sometimes a change is for the best.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Good advice by BP. You have a chance to watch them the Lucas Way.

It's funny, we're the same age and I saw Episode IV when I was a kid...12 times in theaters the first year alone. It changed movies, and the concept of the blockbuster. I'm sure it wouldn't have that kind of effect across the water, but to a large extent, that movie created a huge ripple in pop culture that can be felt to this day.

Pay attention, Carpy! j/k

Ahh, how I long for the days of my Star Wars bed sheets.

One in seven children used to have a set, you know.

I've had both my children sit down and watch these with me. Guarantee they'll remember that forever, like I remember watching them with my folks and brother (who was crying in "Empire...", since he was 1; he was fine company by "...Jedi").

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm liking where this team is going so far. Even without Pac, we are improving. Hopefully, it translates to the regular season. My biggest complaint with Fisher is personnel decisions on the fly...being too slow to react to on-the-field needs. Recently, he's given us less room for complaint. I want to see how this plays out now.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

"Even without Pac"

That makes me feel bad STILL. How much better could this team look WITH him?

8. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Guest

I would like to see us give him 2 years to get us to the post season but no longer then that.

9. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

3-7 years would be very nice.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's tough on where to start. Watching them straight through ruins the end of Empire Strikes Back, which had the intended effect on many (or so I hear). Knowing it really doesn't do the ending justice, seems almost cheesy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar