Bud Adams told the truth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hoffa, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

So you don't believe Bud has told him he won't be fired this year, like he told the press at the LP ceremony.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because he told him doesn't mean he won't change his mind.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

In the Premiership soccer league in the UK when a manager is given a vote of confidence by the owner it means that the team is already looking for a replacement. The exhisting coach is usually fired within a month at the most.:hmm:

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

:applause:
    Being the poor, long suffering (2 years) Titans fans we are......(note sarcasm)!
    Yeah. It sux. Yes. It was embarrassing. Yes. I have an investment too....
    WE ARE REBUILDING!
    This is the second year of cap purge / rebuilding. 2004 was the unbelievable injury year. 2005 was cap purge = rebuilding year 1. 2006 = rebuilding year #2.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

But, I'll tolerate KC until VY is ready.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

There's no better way to build, than to build through the draft.

And, the best players are usually among top 10 picks. If we get onew this year, It'll only help us.

But, it's too early for that, yet.

8. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

As Ihave previously posted, here is my belief:

This is my opinion, but Bud has made it clear to everyone in the organization, that the team is to prepare VY and pave the way for him to be the starter around midway through the season. The move to push Billy Volek, out and bring in Kerry Collins was done for this very reason.

After watching yesterdays game, it is clear in my eyes as to what the organization is up to, wanting to do, and willing to do.

It makes clear sense that Billy Volek is the QB who is the most capable of winning with at QB. He knows the offense better than anyone on the team and would have given the Titans the best opportunity to win yesterday and throughout the season. That is not to take away anything from Kerry Collins. Collins fared well for coming in 10 days ago and with 7 or so practices under his belt. Kerry was playing with "hand-cuffs on" because his knowledge of the progressions and routes are still new to him.

If Billy Volek starts, we would possibly win 6-8 games ad maybe sneak out a couple of more wins. It would be difficult to pull Volek if we are in the mix for a wild card spot. We would also draw a mediocre draft slot in the process. Billy would not willing to play "teacher" to the student, VY. Kerry Collins is probably willing to play that role and not make any noise. The same can not be said about Volek.

I honestly believe that Bud is willing to "tank" the season in order to season VY on the field rather than on the bench. Its not going to be a joyous season in regards to wins and losses, but we will see VY much sooner rather than later.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think JF has been given a pass for this year, but Reese will not be back.
    Then next year is JF's time on the hot seat.
    Bud won't let Reese and JF go at the same time.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

My thoughts, exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar