Bud Adams.......please Spend Money For A New Sod Playing Surface

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FightinTitan, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

That crap in the middle of the field where the Titans re-sodded, is slippery and looks like crap. Players have lost their balance and have been injured from cutting on it.

Please Bud, spend the money and re-sod the entire field. You will not go belly up from the cost. You owe it to your team's players, the fans, and the TV viewing audience who look at our field and think it is a cow pasture.

How one's field looks says something about how your team is perceived by fans and it says a lot about how you feel about your players. Please get it done.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the real problem is the college team playing on it on saturdays. that crap has to stop.

3. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

TSU's season is over. But I agree that it's a problem September through November.

It was a political thing some lawmakers wanted when the stadium was being planned and funded. Now most of the TSU people I know would rather have some state funding to get their own place (Hale Stadium, aka the Black Hole) refurbished so they can play their home games there.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I want clear grass. Now that would be different.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The problem is the TSU games and yes most TSU fans would rather have the games at thier "improved" field. Politicans got involved and guess what screwed the pooch. I was a bone thrown in to get some of the councilmens support for the staduim way back when. Needs to be stopped though. I wonder if that new fieldturf would hold up better?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If we're asking for LP field improvements, can we get the new jumbotrons that we talked about in the offseason? Maybe get the speakers on the N endzone fixed? Something....

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Not To Bring A Negative From The Giants Game

But I have to say, the field sucks. It's almost dangerous.

If they don't get this figured out and fixed right away, we are going to lose somebody big to a season ending knee injury.

We got lucky last week.

8. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

I second that one, I have thought that for awhile now. Either limit the college games or pick some slack on the field crew.

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Well, typically, knee injuries occur when a players cleats "stick" into the ground, thus the pressure of the contact is applied to the knee area.

Clearly, nothing can stick in our field, so it probably is safer! :)

10. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

however if it rains, then our field becomes a true injury hazard...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar