Bud Adams not on Hall of Fame list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Late Titans owner Bud Adams didn’t get his wish – when the Pro Football Hall of Fame released its list of 25 semifinalists, he wasn’t on it.

In September, Adams was named among 126 modern-era nominees for the Hall of Fame. He’d made the initial list numerous times over the years, but has never made it to the critical next round of the voting process. Adams died last month.

“Besides the playoffs, one thing I would like to accomplish is to be considered in the Pro Football Hall of Fame,’’ Adams told The Tennessean in September. “I realize there may be some hard feelings about me moving the team to Nashville, but I truly feel my body of work…

“I don’t like tooting my own horn. But at my age, and now being the senior NFL owner, there is no one from back in those days than can really speak up for me now. I really feel this year could be a year I get serious consideration after 53 years. I’m sure hoping that’s the case.”

Former 49ers owner Edward DeBartolo, Jr., is the only owner on the list of semifinalists for the 2014 class.

Former Titans Eddie George, Steve McNair and Gary Anderson were also on the list of nominees, but didn’t make the list of semifinalists.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Always a yard short, story of our life as Titans.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

damnt bud deserves it! He accomplished so much to develop this league ! :mad:

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

without Bud (along with Hunt) the AFL wouldn't have existed. can't understand why Hunt is in the HOF and Bud isn't

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

this is actually a pretty big slap in the face

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7. Bostontitan

Bostontitan Starter

This is really sad.....

the nfl was built on the efforts of this man , and a few others who took on the big boys...

The nfl should of put him in when he was alive , nevermind now ...

truly sad,look at the coverage the nfl gave on his death what 5 min tops ...

if it was jerry jones there would be a week long suck fest...probably even cover the wake ..

I know BUD was not liked but he started the nfl to what it is now..

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I was just going to say the same thing.... BS....

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It is disgraceful not to give a man his due recognition, especially post mortem.

F*ck you ballot voters. For those of you who specifically held a grudge no-vote, I hope you get some of what you've given.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Ditto all the above. BUD and Lamar hunt helped make the NFL what it is today. One more reason to say to the NFL. **** off. I have said several times the game we loved is dying and doesn't even know it. Within ten years the game will not resemble what we grew up playing and watching.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar