Bud Adams loves him some VY...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cld12pk2go, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

VY might like to look into midnight basketball... :grrhee:
    the Austin area has a chapter.
    as does Nashville.

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

It's funny you guys all drink Bud's kool-aid........My Dad is about Bud's age. Done pretty well for himself too. This interview with Bud so reminds me of having a business talk with my ol' Man.....You never know if you won or lost until the actual check gets signed.

Mind is still sharp as a tack, words and old stories get a bit cluttered after hearing them repeated several times, but lot's of history in the old guys head. In fact Bud repeated the same story a few times in that interview. When you do business with older gentleman you just have to learn accept their stories....not neccessarily believe them as fact or current.

Where do you think Fisher learned to master the press? Fisherspeak. What Bud gave you was a taste of what Fisher has learned.

You younger guys should learn business and negotiating from these older pros. When it comes down to making the final decision, they'll be as cutthroat as they were 30 - 40 years ago when they were making deals and chopping heads. High School, College and whether he bought his Mom a house won't matter on paycheck day.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Bud Adams is one boring dude...

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Not disagreeing with you but 'Fisherspeak' and lying are two different things.
    "We're going to run some run plays and some pass plays"
    and
    "Vince is doing just fine. He's having a good camp" are both Fisherspeak.

This is also Fisherspeak...
    "Vince will eventually be the QB we drafted him to be for us"
    However, if Vince keeps improving enough to be the starter, yet the team cuts him anyway. Fisher becomes a liar.

Being cutthroat is one thing. Being deceptive and a liar, and thus losing all credibility is another.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You guys need to get off the 'Vince starting' thing. He isn't starting today or tomorrow. He will develop and develop and develop some more. Then Collins will have a stroke or retire and Vince will be given the starting job. Until then all that will happen is Vince improves improves and improves some more. Now if he's so much better than Collins somewhere along the way, we will see him featured in a few plays. Then if he makes the most of those plays they'll still only give him a few more plays. Unless Collins sucks, then Vince wont start until Collins is gone. Which is in 2 years. I think Vince will stick around til his contract expires.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

wrong

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Ask the Raven's circa 2000 how necessary it is.

However, it sure as hell helps!

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I urge you to go check out past Super Bowl winning teams and take a look at their QB. With a VERY small number of exceptions, all are hall of fame caliber field generals. Not 1 is a 'run first' quarterback and many won multiple rings.

I don't create the facts and/or history, I just pay close attention to them and hope our front office does too. And, there is absolutely no arguing that in the NFL it takes a top tier QB to make the playoffs, and then win 3 or 4 consecutive games against other playoff caliber teams. Unless you're into paying the bills based on crossing your fingers and hoping to hit the lottery, that is.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Here are some Trent Dilfer stats:
    Dilfer was the first Tampa Bay quarterback to ever go to the Pro Bowl
    While with the Bucs, he won more games than any quarterback in franchise history and took the team to their first playoff game in 15 years.
    NCAA record for consecutive pass attempts without an interception – 271

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

And, he might be the WORST Super Bowl winning quarterback in history. I wonder how much the Bears would charge to rent them as a favorite team until this Vince experiment gone horribly wrong ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar