Bud Adams has died

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I have two tickets available to any game this season for $300 (face for both is approx $185). I'll be happy to sell them to Titans fans instead. They are available to anyone on ticketmaster. I can't control who buys them, unfortunately.

Downside, I know I'm going to be sitting next to some obnoxious Raiders next game. But at least it's heavily reducing the amount of money I'm spending on Titans tickets. I'll be putting that saved money towards next year's Predators playoff tickets.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The wife missed a ton of the game getting a freakin' soda. She said one guy was working two registers and that they fumbled around not knowing how to work them. Was worse than year's past.

I saw fewer beer guys in the stadium too though, when I did, it was almost certain he'd park himself in my line of sight to conduct business. The guys who need to be taking a knee are these concession guys.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I would sign a petition regarding concessions issues if any of you want to start one. I don't know if it would make a difference, but maybe if enough season ticket holders would sign it, it would.

I know I could get at least 4 signatures from season ticket holders for it, probably more.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No, losing at home and treating the long time PSL holders with disregard is why we're filled with away fans.

The fan (entertainment) experience has gone to chit the past 7 years. Modest stadium renovations, poor concession service, crazy-stupid fan conduct policy administration, super dumb in-game entertainment, substandard wifi, lack of tailgating entertainment, etc.

Two big gripes I have with dumb azz fans that get mad at PSL holders who sell their tickets.

1) I want to know much money you have put in to the organization before you criticize others. I know Alex has stuck it out a lot LONGER than he probably should have because he is a loyal fan. Unless you've put in about $10k or more then STFU. You haven't put your money where your mouth is.

2) The fact that our stadium is flooded with away fans is ABSOLUTELY an indicator of the quality of the organization and not the fanbase. We're running at 0.130 home win percentage and the organization treats loyal fans with little regard. They make it hard to be loyal fan.

I've mentioned in EVERY survey I fill out they should have a loyalty rewards program based on the cumulative amount of money a fan has put into the organization. And have a rewards "shop" where points are spent. Make field passes available for reward point redemption, other merchandise, ticketed player exposures- good chit. Base the amount of reward redemption required on desirability and/or availability. That's how you keep your long time loyal PAYING fans on board during the tough times. It isn't profit-prohibitive to do that at all. But our ownership has been long time cheap in that regard. That's why the fruit is/has died on vine.

(yep, admittedly triggered :cuss:)

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

OMG I noticed that also TJ. I didn't see ONE beer vendor walking around. The entire first 3 quarters. That's crazy.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

My freakin' liquor store has a loyalty program. How hard could it be?

The franchise is to blame here too as they've sold extra tickets to brokers at a reduced price and done nothing to keep scalpers from buying PSLs.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Same here, they must be gone, insane.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I dont have tickets but I've spent at least $1,000 on jerseys (I have 9 of them, one cost me $300).

I've traveled to 4 Titans games in my lifetime. What I wouldn't give to come to more.

I pay about $160 each year to order the NFL package so I can watch every game on TV. Been doing that since 2004 to now.

And I buy a ton of hats, sweaters, shirts, etc. I'd guess I've spent at least 5k.

But you make good points

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you should contact the Titans and let them know...

but moving down is a timeless low risk maneuver. I have done it in the past.

now I just sit up in my All 22 view in section 320. I am used to the view

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Unless it has changed, and it may have, the concession people are from chruches/youth groups/ect.. so they are probably not trained

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar