Bud Adams has died

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

3. smili

smili Starter

I remember John McClain saying many in the family had no interest in running the team, but that his grandson was learning the ropes to take over. If I recall (and this is just from memory from the radio). I have no recollection of any discussion of selling the team when bud died, fwiw

4. TitanJeff

Kuharsky doesn't know everything he's saying is being heard?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I doubt he would care even if he did, he isn't exactly.......smooth. More like sand paper.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey guys,
    Am I going to get a thread when I die? I think I should.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

who do you want to answer this question?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

Quick overview of Munch's presser:

Grateful to Bud for everything he's done for him. Met Mr. Adams after being drafted and saw how passionate Bud was about the franchise and its history.

Bud supported the team's ideas for improvements at the end of last season. A lot of the free agent additions were due to this. Munch felt his job was to keep Bud excited about the plans.

Always wanted to stay involved and know the plans Munch and others had for the team to fix problems. Wanted to let players know that even when he wasn't at the stadium, he was keeping up with the team and was there in spirit.

Had no idea of Bud's health decline so both saddened and surprised.

Shared some stories about Bud with the team today before releasing everyone. He shared how much Bud wanted a Lombardi.

Locker is sore but glad he started. Munch pleased he started him. More rehab for Jake this week. No setbacks.

Munch thinks a lot of Reynaud's issues were a lack of confidence. Not making the best choices as a result. Will look at options but mentioned Damien Williams as the #1 option.

Penalties and drops hurt the offense. Lack of execution. Defense could not get off the field. A lot of work ahead. Not playing well. It's a day-to-day effort in improving execution. Defense needs to get healthy.

CBA means teams get off Wed-Sun during bye week. Giving guys extra time since they are hurting. Next practice is a week from today.

Thinks blocking was better for run game but had to abandon the run due to going down by so many points. Limited Greene for that reason.

Got to block better and try to look for ways to be creative so CJ can get the ball in space. Very challenging since other teams are not allowing him to get open.

Fokou moves back to MLB once healthy. No major injuries in yesterday's game. Morgan and Bailey should be back.

Titans have to make big plays. Penalties and drops are magnified when you can't find a way to make impact plays. Confidence is there but have to execute. Got Locker back so it should be ready to make a nice run after the bye.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Munch is a bit of a smart ass, I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar