Bud Adams has died

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

it won't be. They have a nice stadium and a respectably profitable business model in Nashville. there are certainly teams much worse off than Tennessee.

A new owner is not going to want to start over from scratch when they have a decent thing going, considering how pathetic the team has been for the last decade.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We should be good for at least 20 years before any moving talks come up, they just dropped $20M in upgrades last year, well actually the fans spent $20M but somebody upstairs signed the construction contracts so I guess we can let the Titans think they fixed things up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

oh yeah the Titans are swimming in $s that is true. BA absoutly took Bredesen and Sundquistt too the woodshed on the stadium deal

4. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson, Jr. on the passing of Titans owner Bud Adams.

“I am saddened to hear the news of the passing of Bud Adams. As original AFL team owners, we all shared a common bond and a deep sense of pride in where we started in 1960 to where the NFL is today and how much our fans enjoy the game of professional football. Bud certainly played an important role in the growth and development of our game and today I am remembering with great fondness all the laughs we shared with the special memories over the years. Through it all, our teams played some of the most memorable games in AFL and NFL history. I want to extend my deepest sympathies and condolences to Bud’s daughters Susan and Amy, and family, and to all of his many friends.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

5. PreTitan

PreTitan Camp Fodder

Everyone needs to relax about the Bud bashing going on and seriously, some people here preach "class" but yet trash the city of Houston based on shear ignorance as to what the city is actually like and what the situation was down there in the 80's-late 90's.

Step back and see it from a point outside of the box here and realize that the people who were Oiler faithful (VERY strong community of support) will never fully fade. Time healed most in Houston, but the Oiler faithful will forever be angry and how he treated the fans his last 15 years in Houston.

Just let the anger roll off your shoulder. Browns fans did the same when Modell died, but at least they got to keep their team history, logo, colors, banners...etc.

I would recommend reading "Loser Takes All" to get a good account as to what happened.

Regardless, a human life was lost and one needs to celebrate what they did good and not for what they did poorly. Bud was a transcending figure for the early years of the AFL/NFL and who knows what the league would be like today. Could things have been different? Sure, but in the end it is what it is. The Oilers will forever be linked to Houston in the end did get the Texans and the great fans of Tennessee got the Titans.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

My best Bud Adams moment was when he got caught giving the finger to some fans ha ha. That's pretty hilarious for an old man to do.

RIP Bud

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

RIP Bud.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I won't bash anyone for bashing adams. What he did was a dirty move towards his faithfuls. I would never forgive the owner who moves the Titans or Preds out of Nashville, unless the fan support was just simply nonexistent.

We, as Titans fans, are just lucky to be on the right side of his sneakery. We would not be so thrilled with him if he had done the same to Nashville.

I sure as heck would not follow the Titans if they moved to LA, or the preds if they moved to Canada.. no way. As much as it sickens me, I would be a Colts or Blues fan before following them elsewhere.

But this is their last hurrah for hating Adams.. kind of fruitless to carry on much past his death.. so have your moment. But people coming to another forum to spread the hate is kind of stupid.

I was sour (and still am) on McNair for his misdeeds at the end of his life, and for the way that whole thing went down with his trade (partially his fault, partially the organization) but I did no spout off about wanting to poop on McNair's grave. It's pointless and inflammatory

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't blame anyone in Houston for hating the man. But you should at least have some semblance of class regarding his death. Idiots on that Cows forum were talking about crapping on his grave and stuff. Just childish nonsense.

It's a damn game. So you lost your team. Boo hoo. Life goes on. They should be thanking Bud for moving because now they have that awesome, super elite NFL franchise instead.

• High Five High Five x 7
  10. larrywmartin

larrywmartin Camp Fodder

must be a sad day in Nashville TN. RIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar