Bud Adams Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He went for the big one, and even though he didn't get his guy. Can't blame him for trying to be a "winner"..

Statement from Bud:

• High Five High Five x 20
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Thats about as good of a statement that you can make about this. Good for him/us.

3. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

I like the fact he acknowledged Hass & Locker.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Good for you Bud!

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good statement, but what a dumb azz for all of this. Oh well, never really wanted Manning, just got a little caught up in the excitement.

6. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

agreed, although im sure he didn't actually write that

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Thanks for trying, Bud.

Hope we can get you a trophy, destroying the Broncos in the process.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Thanks for trying Bud.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I too would like to thank Bud for trying to land Manning. I don't blame him one bit.

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

I don't blame Bud one bit. As I said in another thread...

We basically only lost out on the chance to sign Wells and Myers.

There is NO WAY I would be cool with giving Mario Williams 100 million dollars. I'm sorry but I just wouldn't want that at all. I'm sure mostly everyone agrees with that as well.

We added Steve Hutchinson to our line which instantly upgrades it and gives CJ a HUGE boost for this season. Adding Wells/Myers could of put that over the top but I think it was worth the risk in trying to go after Peyton.

There are still players out on the market that can tremendously help our team.

Priority List.

1. Kam Wimbley - Absolutely needs to be signed TODAY. Will be our best pass rusher this season. 9 to 11 sacks. He can play both DE and Linebacker which is something we could work with. Ayers has been rumored to play on the DLine this season at points so we could see them shifting in and out of positions.

2. Jeff Saturday - We desperately need to upgrade at Center. It's no secret that Amano is the worst player in NFL History. Well close to it.. Jeff is old but he is still doing his thing and he could help out big time for 2 years which gives us PLENTY of time to find a future player to fill in down the line.

3. Mark Anderson - Not as high priority as Wimbley but this should be our backup plan or maybe we should just go after both. Anderson has revitalized his career in New England and hopefully he continues his great play for us if we decide to sign him.

4. Brodrick Bunkley - We need depth on our DLine. Bunkley would come semi cheap and he could definitely be a nice rotational tackle for us. We could even use Klug at DE in some sets.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar