Bucs and Rams trying to steal our Draft Pick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Why them fools going 0-5 like us? let us have this! at least...

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It should be interesting to see how things go with all the bad teams. The Rams, Redskins, Bills, Raiders* and Browns* all look to be terrible and in need of new QBs. Not every team will be able to draft a good one in the first round.

That said, I don't think it's good for the Titans to finish with the first overall pick. Way too much money is guaranteed to that player. It's better to finish in the range of 6-12, in my opinion. That's where you can select solid QBs but not have to pay them quite as much.

*Not a lock to take a QB since they invested a recent draft pick on one, but they probably should take a QB

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

But how many real good QBs are coming out in this draft? It may be best to go defense. I'd rather take a solid defensive playmaker..then a ok QB. If a really good was in on the board then fine..but I would rather them not reach for one..just to draft one

4. jessestylex

you want collins back next year?

5. jessestylex

I'd love to have someone like Matt Ryan to come in and take control right away.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thought you said you were a Colts fan now?

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Never said that. But with the first pick..I would much rather draft someone who I really feel can come in and be effective and make plays. Then to draft lets say a mediocre QB..just so KC wont be on the field. That kind of reasoning..would do more harm then good imo

8. jessestylex

The right QB can come in and lead us to the playoffs. Flacco,Ryan did it last year. Defense players IMo are like WR"s they take more time to make a impact.

RB's and QB can make instant impacts quicker from what ive seen. you'd be amazed how much we would turn around with a good QB. I'm tired of these Qb projects, lets go get a high profile youngster with a good arm and mind for the game.

9. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

We're not gonna draft number one even if we had the pick it will be traded away because BA will not spend that kind of money. Expect whatever pick they have if it's top 5 or top 10 to be traded for a mid-1st round pick and a 2nd round pick which you'll see us address the defense and we go after a QB in free agency.

10. pettso

pettso Starter

By the looks of it we'll be drafting top 10, which is a solid player any way you look at it. Something positive to look forward to next year.

I still think VY can and should be the future QB of this franchise so I'd much rather draft a solid LB to replace Bulluck or one of our other aging defenders. Although by the looks of it, JF is gonna make Vince look like a tool for the rest of the season and even if he does start him, he'll keep Fisherball going which won't work well with VY.. but anyway...

If VY actually matures into a decent qb and we get enough change in the coaching staff to support his style, between him, Lendale, CJ, Britt and Cook, we have a pretty solid set of potential playmakers on offense. We'd need the defense and ST to back that up.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar