Buccaneers fire Lovie Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Bukafax, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Dont want Lovie, not a fan of him at all, but holy crap was the firing garbage. From what I saw he had the team playing well, and moving in the right direction. No idea why they would fire him unless they have someone who they already want as the coach calling them to come right in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Word is that the Bucs don't want to lose their OC and want to give him the job.

3. meekmode

meekmode Starter

How does Steven A. Smith have a job? of course he makes this a race issue,because he's a racist and loves playing the victim card.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I wasn't expecting this either. But the dude was 8-24 there in Tampa so I guess no one should be too surprised. I really wanted him when he became available after Chicago but now I'll pass.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Ugh, even then I didn't want him. I had the luxury of living in Chicago at the time. I was very familiar with his coaching and how people responded to him. He suffers from the Jeff Fisher-mediocre syndrome.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I figured he made it to a SB with Rex Grossman at QB (yeah I know, that defense was insane) so he had to be doing something right.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

6 of the 8 were this year though. Kinda surprised.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True. But 6 wins only looks good when you won 2 the previous year. You could say they're on an upward trajectory but 6 wins still sucks. I think it basically boils down to they had super high expectations because he was such a big name and had been to a Super Bowl.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

tell that to Indian Titan, he thinks Tom Coughlin is a good hire because Super Bowls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar