Browns defensive strategy?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Is this how he communicates with his father?

• LOL LOL x 4
  2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Contain Mariota. Fail. Repeat.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm excited to see Kendall go up against Haden. I saw on NFL.com they were saying to bench Kendall because of the matchup & called the game vs TB a "fluke" game due to a poor defense. Bunch of BS.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First, he's a rookie so don't see if he can operate plays out of relatively basic coverages/fronts, throw him complicated stuff he hasn't seen much of and see if you can force him into a mistake. That means disguising coverages and blitzes and shifting fronts last 10 secs of play clock. Blitz from one side and overload zone to other side then switch it up and fake blitz from one side but overload zone to that side. Trap coverages and combo coverages and zone blitz will be the name of the game.

On the flip side, when TB tried to man us up we ran pick plays with great effect including a TD to Douglas. Also the Stanley TD was also against man coverage. Pick the matchup and exploit it! Probably see some more wr screens too and Mariota will be able to roll out and scramble for big yards. Will also be able to extend the play so may be able to hit guys downfield. May also see that triple option pass to Fasano a bit more or similar concept in different formation. Should also make our edge running more effective!

Titans will do their best to keep Mariota predominantly in playaction which means positive yardage on 1st and 10.

On defense, I would also press Wright inside out (take away in breaking routes) and also drop the backside S in a robber coverage Just looking for those slants/posts. I'd also put Danny Shelton head up on Schwenke all day!

Let the chess match begin.

5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Plus they have a solid Dline rotation. Not much to like about the Stains but they are deep on the D line. It's usually a lunch pail game at their place. They ugly it up and make it tougher than it should be, but still find a way to lose.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar