Browns defensive strategy?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NashVillian

NashVillian Practice Squad

They are going to press coverage and mix it up with some over zones. The weak link to both Marriotas game and the titans personal is outside the hash.

2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I read this somewhere about an NFL assistant coach said the Browns should do this against us. If that's the case, would play-action be used more? Obviously him scrambling will be a key factor.

I'm ready to see MM make those throws anyways.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

They will force him to throw outside the numbers and deeper balls. They will try to take away the quick hit passes.

At least thats what I am hoping. I want to see him in those situations to see how far along he is there.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If they were smart they'd try to get the defensive linemen to get their hands up as much as possible. Everything last week was quick and short. If the play doesn't give the d-line the opportunity to get to the QB they need to affect the passing game in a different way.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Honestly I don't think it matters what they do, they're losing this game either way

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

And yet, that option pass to Fasano for 15 yards made it look so easy.

With Marcus' legs, forcing him to go outside is a dangerous gamble. He puts corners into "force" situations where he makes them pay for bad decisions. And like the Fasano pass, he can set it up so there are no good decisions.
    And if they keep him in the pocket, he's still capable of getting it done with hitches, curls, WR screens and quick outs.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I would keep Mariota guessing as to which LB I'm sending in to disrupt his timing. I'd also keep a LB in the box to spy Mariota who also takes away some of the slant options. They will force Mariota to throw the ball downfield which means the OL will have to give him time.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. NashVillian

NashVillian Practice Squad

One play does not make a game plan. Im not sure you want to have the franchise running exposed alot but im a pocket passer fan myself. I was more talking about throwing the ball outside the hash from the pocket downfield. He is definately sharp across the middle and hence why they kept 5 tes cause some are gonna get hurt. Hunter and Beckham are both just raw tall guys and not proven.

Now if they hit some deep passes to them people wont be able to roll the safeties underneath. Your going to have to count on the rook because Hunter is soft and a one trick Pony. They are a weakness and its not Marriotas strnegth to throw from the pocket downfield. It

Its what i would force them todo. I am the greatest armchair DC in the history of the titans lol.

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

They're going to try to take away the middle of the field and the short slants etc. I hope someone is prepared to show out down field. Whether it be Hunter, DGB, or one of the 11 tight ends. I think we see quite a few deep passes.

Also, the Titans run the ball a lot this week. The Browns run D was bad last week so they try to attack that weakness. Sankey and West with a bit of McLackluckster thrown in.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Cleveland is very different than Tampa. They also have a solid secondary so this should be tougher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar