Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Browns cut C LaCharles Bentley

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,175
    i bet miami would be happy to have him.
  2. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,622
    Abso-damn-lutely! Get him a physical and work him out. Let's the docs decide what his his playability is.

This would be a perfect scenario to let him fall in behind Mawae for a year and let us develop Harris further.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,175
    i'd rather have bentley at LG than amano.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds Internet Bully

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,712
    This guy is gonna sit for about 30 seconds before any one of the 25 teams that could use an upgrade of this magnitude at Center throws too much money his way...
    • Staff / Moderator

Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    I was big on Bentley before he got hurt. I can't imagine he's the same player anymore. If he was, Cleveland wouldn't have just cut him.

But frankly, I don't see him coming here either way. He'll go somewhere that will offer him a starting job. I don't think we have one available for him. There are teams far more desperate than we are for starting linemen.
  4. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,303
    LaCharles was a beast in NO before he tore up the knee, absolute animal. He played some guard before moving over to center, he has a big-time mean streak and is a very physical player. He would fit in perfectly with the Titans smash mouth physical type of style.

Definitely bring him in for a looksee to give him a physical and go from there.
  5. titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    he went to the Pro Bowl playing guard in his second season... an interior line of Mawae, Scott, and Bently would be downright dominating...
  6. PitBull Bred to Brawl

Moolah:
    $8
    We don't need to look far to decide how to deal with this. The KVB vs. Givens signing should serve as an excellent example for us.

If he agrees to comes for pennies we should bring him in regardless of his injury prone history as we all know how the KVB signing worked out. But if he asks for a fat salary we should look the other way.. again, we all know how the Givens signing worked out.
  7. Smash Vikings don't wear purple...

Schwenke
    Moolah:
    $1,331
    So he'll end up with the Texans :wink2:
  8. Audioman Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Funny, and probably true.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.