Browns cancel meeting with Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

As Hoffa has said, the arguments against Schwartz are many and many are valid. Read threads if you want the argument, I for one don't want to have the same one again.

I give Schwartz credit for this: When he has the personnel he needs, his scheme will work. I can say that about most DCs though.

Without AH, this season and last season, there is a very noticeable difference in our D's performance. Critics like me point to this as proof that the players make the D more than the coaching, certainly in Schwartz case.

I'll also point you towards the years our D royally sucked, basically played prevent, and WOULD NEVER CHANGE IT no matter how bad things continued to get.

Supporters of Schwartz will say, "well what can you do without talent". Critics, such as myself, will argue about why Schwartz will stay repetitive in the continuance of failure.

That's as best I can summarize the argument. I, for one, hope to see Schwartz get a HC job so we can get a new DC. I think we'll need it if we don't re-sign AH.

I also think Schwartz could succeed better in a HC or more-so in a GM role since he is a %'s type of guy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Without AH (and KVB) we destroyed Pittsburgh.

Most teams will see a decrease in production without their best player.

And bad DCs don't put up top 10 defences.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Last season yes, this season no. Look at the Pittsburgh game.

Having Renaldo Hill, Lamont Thompson, Peter Sirmon, Antwan Odom Andre Woolfolk and Travis LaBoy as starters will do that. Besides that was then this is now. How can someone suck when they improved a defense by a tremendous amount?

Well isn't that the point? When you have so many bad players what can you do? Kwame Brown had Phil Jackson as a coach in LA, you can't turn yarn into gold.

6. Hoffa

Thank you Alex, but a couple blind homers refuse to stop :dead2:
    no matter how many good points/counterpoints are offered...

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

When you start making good points and counterpoints that don't include "go read another thread" or ":dead2:" than get back to me. So far you've brought nothing. I'm not a homer either, I'm a realist. You on the other hand are a hater because you have no reason to dislike Schwartz (or one that you would like to add) but you do. Whatever keep on hating, I'd expect nothing less than a teamster.

8. Hoffa

OK, just back-off with the personal jabs. I've had enough of this from you.

Just like Alex, I said I didn't want to start up another already worn out discussion in this thread. I'm not obligated to offer you any reasons here why I think Schwartz is a bad DC, I've done that that ad nauseum elsewhere. I never said I "dislike" or "hate" the man, I just don't like a lot of what he's done. That's all I need to tell you here, if it's not enough TOO BAD.

God, I get sick of this "prove to me your opinion", or you're a hater BS...

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I figured if I got you mad enough you might actually decide to give a little for your argument but you decided not too, again.

No. It just makes your argument look incredibly weak when you don't.

OK hater.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I wouldn't say "destroyed". I was at the game. They moved the ball effectively. The Holmes TD was impressive.

That said, we dominated with the turnovers!! That was how we won the game with a such a large margin.

Of course there is credit to having the right calls to have the players in position to make the turnovers, so Schwartz gets credit for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar