Browns cancel meeting with Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

At what point do you plan on giving credit to the other team? It's not like we did a good job at stopping Andre Johnson. Do I blame Schwartz? No, not many teams can stop him.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Never. Titans have 6-8 Allpros on the starting D. Even missing 1-2 that is one talented roster. And the freakin' Gayders smacked them the next week for cryin' out loud.

The bigger point about Jimbelina is that he consistently gets LESS than the talent available from his Ds.

Then there is the players Titans have picked up who were pretty good year 1, Schulters and Lamont Thompson, who steadily regressed the more they were Schwartzified.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Raiders might have been the only team to do that and it helps to have the best corner in the league.

And the reaches grow even bigger now. So now Lamont Thompson regressing is a reason to hate him? Please stop, your clearly just bitter because you wanted to fire him a few years ago and don't want to admit he has shown that he doesn't deserve to be fired.

If your going to blame him for Thompson regressing (which I don't see, he's always sucked) then I'm going to blame him for the rise of Haynesworth, Vanden Bosch, Finnegan, Griffin, Brown and Jones.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Lamont Thompson was picked up on waivers and was flying around at 100mph hitting everything that got in his way, one year later he could not get out of his own way

Schulters was pretty good too when he first got to Tennessee, steadily got worse and worse in what should have been the best years of his career.

dehr Schwartzie should never have been hired, should be fired immediatly and the D will automatically improve just by Jimbelina not being DC.

You are blinded by the talent on the D and cannot see how JS gets less from them than the sum of the parts. This D should not allow any team, much less a Schaub led cow team, to put together two 16 play drives in one season , much less one game.

Bottom line for whatever reason you think Jimbelina is a good/competent DC while I see him for the fraud he is and wish him well in his future endeavours. The sooner the better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

where's he going to go?

Mangini is in Cleveland
    Denver is looking at the Vikings DC
    The Lions are probably going to throw Jason Garrett more money than he's worth

I think he's a Titan, AGAIN, next season

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I hope he goes to Jacksonville, Indy or Houston.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea and he was on waivers why? Because the Bengals gave up on a 2nd round pick after one year. That's a sign.

Less from them? Yea they really should give up less than 14 points a game, shame on them, we need shut outs every time. Again blaming Schwartz for the decline of Thompson but not for the rise of the "talent" that he needs because he's such a bad DC. That's hypocritical.

Again there you go with your sky high expectations. This isn't Madden. Sometimes teams get the better of you no matter what. Your REALLY good at nit picking. Your argument thus far consists of a handful of games one of which we actually won with a dominating defense (I still don't get that) all because your just bitter that you were wrong about him. If your going to point to the Houston game why not point out how we beat Minnesota or Indianapolis? You know the two teams that have like the two best offensive players in the league?

But I don't look at individual games, I look at bodies of work and I see a defense that went from last to top ten to top two. But Matt Schaub beat us so he sucks. :rolleyes:

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed

I'm not gonna bother to point any more examples of MBSGWBs suckitude. You don't see it and apparently never will.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's clearly not what you do.

You've said he is amongst the top5 DC in the league because he took a defense from last to tops statistically in the league.

So where is you criticism for the fact he also coached a team to the WORST statistical ranking in a season?

Guess it's ok for YOU to make excuses.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I already addressed this. We had such pathetic talent on defense no defensive coordinator could fix that.

Once we got good players Schwartz developed them into great players.

Now I know what your going to say. "Well why couldn't he do that for our players?" Well you cant turn every player into a star, as I said Kwame Brown was coached by Phil Jackson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar