Brown's Agent Feels His Client a Better Fit Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Wynn Silberman, agent representing RB Chris Brown, says he hasn't received a response from the Titans to his formal trade request for his client. Titans General Manager Floyd Reese was not immediately available for comment. Silberman feels the Titans may not be the best fit for Brown as he enters his final season. "We’re kind of looking at the situation down there and we’re not sure he’s a great fit at this point," said Silberman. "We feel he’s a featured back with Pro Bowl potential and the opportunity may be better for him somewhere else in the league." Brown is in the final year of his contract scheduled to pay him $1.57 million. His best season was '04 where he gained 1,067 yards (with a 4.9-yard average) in just 11 games.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I guess it would be considered tampering if the agent said where he thought Chris Brown would have a better opportunity. I really think he is already in the best place for him to succeed at this stage in the offseason. Training camp is in 8 days, and he already knows our system. Where else does he think Chris Brown can play, AND do better on the field than right here in Nashville?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Denver

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

OR HERE :

Seven-time Pro Bowl tailback Marshall Faulk, the ninth-leading rusher in NFL history and a future Hall of Fame member, likely will undergo knee surgery next week that could sideline him for the 2006 season and possibly end his career (St. Louis)

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

also, if Holmes has further complication.... maybe KC

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Brown wants feature back money. The question to ask is "how many teams will pay him that?"

7. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

He shouldnt get featured back money until he can prove that he is a legit feature back. I say if we can get a decent pick for him or help on the line trade him, and hand the reins over to the future rookie of the year Lendale White.

8. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

I'm confused !!! So Nashville isn't the place for him to succeed as a "feature" Back? Well I guess I cant argue with that, he hasn't done anything in two years... Blowing up your rookie year and then hindering your next two seasons with constant injury and declining stats doeasn't make you a "Featured Back"... This team has severly suffered the last two seasons without a running game, without a winning record and without Brown really proving himself as more then a flash in the pan IMHO..... With all the BS that has gone down this offseason I haven't once sat and though, god.... what about Brown?!?! Whats going on with him??? I'm sorry to say it but see ya... Lets get some help on the line and a little less delusion in the locker room....
    Go Titans...
    (it's time to trim the fat and get back to where we belong)

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

i doubt we even trade him at all, his agent could just be trying to stir the pot by talking trade...where else is he going to get the money he is looking for?

10. I agree with one thing, I think Brown does have Pro Bowl potential

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar