Brown or Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE53, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry had a lot of fumbles early in his career, but he has cut them down since 2002. Still not perfect, but certainly no worse than Brown's fumbling.

Tiki Barber was the same way early in his career and he started holding the ball correctly and that fixed everything.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

As of right now, I'll take Henry over Brown for next season.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm in the "fix the O-line" camp.
    Both backs are fine. People say Brown is a wuss and Henry is a druggie.
    They say Brown goes down easily and that Henry can't hold onto the ball.
    That a bunch of malarkey.
    (Exaggerated or foolish talk, usually intended to deceive)

It is true that a better back or tandem of backs could exist.
    It's not like these guys are Larry freakin' Johnson and Shawn Alexander...
    It's just that this Titans ball club has got so many problems at so many positions...metaphorically speaking...
    why are you worried about replacing a cart that is good enough when your horse is gimp? (cart before the horse) ... I know you people hate it when I talk like that but the issue of getting rid of these guys in favor of bringing in some high dollar guy is nutty. Besides, Henry has been looking good. We should keep them both.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Both Brown and Henry have fumbled a lot of times per amount of rushes they've had for their career. Both their fumbles per attempt are about the same, so that shouldn't make you lean toward Brown. The good thing is Henry has fumbled a lot less lately, and Brown has done better since the beginning of the year.

I still like the duo. Henry can run very hard. Brown has better vision and is faster. Too bad we can't combine them into one super back. Maybe they should put some drug cluase in Henry's contract (if it's not there already) to be an extra deterrent against doing drugs again. And maybe they should also try to shrink his salary some (I don't think it's very big).

I'd like to see what the pair could do behind say Denver or KC's line....but I'd settle for seeing what they'd do behind a better Tennessee line.

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

RANDOM RUMINATIONS:
    I'm for the OL-reload as well. Although I think I'd like to get a future-QB in this draft, I'm for building up the OL with some maulers. Perhaps at least one in FA...I've also got one foot in the AJ Hawk bandwagon (but not with a top-10 pick)

Bell will probably fit more naturally at G, IMO.

Did somebody say Corey Chavous at S next season? Yes, please.

Calico is breaking my heart.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i'd fix the O-Line more then anything else, it would not only help the running game, but protect the QB more without having him scramble.

7. THE53

THE53 Guest

Hmmmmm...Ricky Williams anyone?!?!? :brow:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think you been hanging around Ricky too much.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and people say travis is a junky.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: very true though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar