Brown gets early hook against Cards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Coach speak. Coaches constantly play dumb when they don't want to answer a question.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

As I said, and I'm sure you've heard this many times before from all coaches. They give coach speak and then down shift into ignorance (as in, I don't know why he wasn't on the field). You get this also as...not sure, we have to look at the tape.

Arguably, Brown is our most talented LB and to suggest he was benched 6 plays in for the rest of the game without this being mentioned to Munch at some point (most likely during the first tv timeout after it happened) is silly. Would you honestly believe Munch wouldn't know why Chris Johnson was benched after 6 plays and didn't know it during or even after the game?

High school coaches are more detailed then that!

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed. Though I think there are a few key elements. First, Fokou can tackle and takes on blocks much better then Brown. He's motivated to hit the RB. You need technique AND passion/motivation. Also, McCarthy hasn't been the same since his injury and not sure he'll get back to that guy so we needed a young, tough, tackling MLB who could set an example. Fokou has limitations too but at least he can help with run fits and make a tackle.

Problem is, Ayers had a down year, Fokou is solid but unspectacular, and Brown is sounding like a selfish Pro Bowler without the impact, stats, or Pro Bowls to back it up. So what do you do?

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't know nor care what other coaches do, you should never say "I don't know". Even if you don't know, I think you should rather say something generic like "We felt Gooden had really good practices coming in to the game and hoped it would give us a spark on defense" or something along those lines. Saying "I don't know" when you're the guy in charge just makes you look ignorant.

And yes I've seen enough mind boggling things out of this coaching staff, that I honestly have no problem believing HS coaches are better organised than Munchak.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Now it's just getting bizarre. Jerry Gray is saying LBs are not making enough impact plays, so they pull the guy responsible for > half of the LBs production....

According to the Tennessean the Titans LB's have 5 sacks, 2 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles and 8 tackles for loss. Zack Brown has 4 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble and 3 tackles for loss. I know stats can be deceiving but really, their argument for benching Brown is lack of production??

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...tans-linebackers-failing-produce-splash-plays

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Vig, you're missing the point. As long as you take what they say literally, you will be baffled. Notice there will also not be a consensus (from the staff's comments) which is how you know what they are telling you is BS. Players tend to tell you the truth by accident and surround it with their own ideas and excuses.

And my point about HS coaches is that HS coaches know why they take a 'star' player off the field so you can be sure an NFL coach knows why. If you hear coach speak, don't listen. I can find these types of quotes from most coahes who rightly don't want to embarass the players more then they have to (as in benching a guy 6 plays in). And HS coaches are not more organized then any NFL staff. They don't work half as hard and don't have 53 man rosters and practice squad and blah blah blah to deal with.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

People dislike Munch so much that they are ready to believe the absolute worst about him.If some story surfaced saying Munchak's entire playing career was actually played by a very talented stunt double people would find a way to believe it. The man is just that disliked.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

BS. I don't blame Munch for pulling Brown, that's on the D coaches. But as a side note I thought it weird that he didn't know (or gave the appearance of not knowing if you wish to believe that).

And for the record, I would probably have pulled Brown from the game today, seemed to have mailed it in on a good number of plays.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It isn't weird at all. "I don't know" is a safe/easy answer to any question that you don't want to field.

10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

lol he highlights his hair?? Fail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar