Brown could re-emerge against the Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Seems to me White hasn't carried many times this year in the regular season or pre-season and he has been perpetually injured. Why does he get a pass while some constantly bash Brown? IMO the only reason White is getting to be active over Brown right now is because the coaches want to see what he has for the future while Brown is going to be a FA. White certainly isn't exactly the model of a RB who can carry the load and this time got hurt in practice. IMO if White isn't 100% he shouldn't be active on Sunday.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

well Fisher also wanted Collins to start over Young, that good enough for you too?

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

White hasn't done much, he certainly isn't proven, and if he isn't 100%, then I agree with you, brown should play. I like it that we've been keeping White active and giving him a touch or two every now and then. I think Henry's gotten so many of the carries because we've been relying on him. I promote White over Brown in general because I've seen what Brown does on this team, and I'd rather see something new and figure out if we have our RB of the future or not. I certainly don't know at this point.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Brown has not shown the burst of acceleration he had a couple of years ago. He looked tentative the last time I saw him. Plus, I think the Titans has decided Brown's not coming back next year so we might as well see what White can do.

How is the White fumble VY's fault? White didn't have his arm high enough and knocked the ball out. What else could VY have done except put the ball out for a handoff. He did his job...unless I missed something. I'll check the tape again while I'm grading the OL vs the Giants.

Expect Henry to see as much of the ball as he can handle! I would like to see Hall get a few more passes on that playaction rollout play. I have a sneaky feeling we may see a HB pass on Sunday....you have a D that has trouble stopping the run so the safeties tend to come up a little too quickly and their normal safeties are out. We have all the ingredients for a HB pass, a Drew Bennett end around WR pass...or the good 'ol flea flicker!

Gut

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I may not have been watching closely enough, and this is all from memory, I haven't seen the game since sunday. I just know that the White fumble was due to a bad handoff (apparently on his part). I'd just say that one is more likely to be shared than Henry's fumble.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:jumpropeb :spud: :injured:

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

If Brown does get on the field, he has the chance to make himself a lot of money on Sunday. Its obvious he isnt going to be here next year, and a good performance could a) earn him more playing time in the last few games, and b) show people that he's worth signing next spring.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

If Brown gets on the field I would expect him to run hard. This is going to be one of his only oppertunities to show himself to other teams or at least show them he has something left. If he is thinking about his future and wants it in the NFL it is time to step up.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Well even if he does prove to be a stud this Sunday, I doubt JF would want to have a starting RB who could break 20 yard runs yet struggle constantly on 3rd and inches.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am not saying for us. I think he is a dead horse here. That does not mean another team at the end of the season might not want to take a chance at him as a #2.

I agree though the ship has sailed for CB and the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar