Broncos Trade First Round Pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titantonic, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If they're targeting a certain player at 22, that is a little premature. If they want to get more picks, why give away a 3rd ? It seems that they are thinking about trading up to me. If they aren't, then the trade is fine except that they should have just waited until draft day to make sure that player was still there.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They could have a few in mind. Hard to predict at this point, but I think it's a decent trade.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I believe it's ammo for them to move up. With all this talk about the Texans possibly going with Mario, they could put themselves in a good position at #2. They have the option then of either Reggie or D'Brick. If Reggie is selected by the Texans and they really don't like D'Brick all that much, then they could just sit put with two first rounders. Funny, I thought the Bronco's might try and move up, not down - seeing as how they love Vernon Davis.

4. I'd guess they just want to take a RB there and not reach for one at #6. Someone should still be available at #22 between DeAngelo Williams, Laurence Maroney, and LenDale White.

5. they dont need as many quality players as arizona does

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

They are not going to trade up.
    They have so much of their future budget spent on last year's #1, and they really can't afford to have too many high picks on the roster.

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

They need that #22 pick. They have some many holes they need the filler and a #22 pick can fill a gap quicker than 2 smaller ones (the reasoning). 2 first rounders SHOULD give you two starters. They need offensive help and defensive help. The value this year is with cornerbacks late in the first round (with a load of them going) from 15-32. Alex Smith needs help so they'll probably be taking Vernon Davis and I'm thinking Antonio Cromartie.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

For a team with no talent whatsoever, I can't see them trading the two first rounders to move up to 1,2,3 etc.

I cannot see a team that bad having 2 picks on the first day. However if they get Vernon Davis and a RB (Williams, Maroney etc.) it sets up the core of their offense for many years.

9. well they got to start somewhere, and offense is always a good place, but defence wins championships

10. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I think the 49ers take Vernon Davis at 6 then grab a starter for their defense at 22. Looks like an outstanding trade for both parties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar