Broncos' Owner: Will try to trade Cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PBV, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't fault McDaniels at all, he was trying to make his team better by bringing in a system QB he groomed. Jay Cutler is a bonafide Biotch, that is the real problem here. Not returning phone calls or agreeing to get together face-to-face is not the way the leader of your team and Franchise QB should act. I don't care if he got his feelings hurt, he's the QB, not the owner of the damn team. Grow up Jay, really you look pathetic. You can't allow inmates to run the asylum. I hope somehow Cutler goes to the Lions and they draft crappy, he gets sacked 82 times and loves his new life. karma is going to play a huge role in this one.

2. FishFearMe

FishFearMe Starter

Collins for Cutler?

Just a thought I had not heard on the thread ... would the Titans offer KFC and a 2nd round pick for Cutler? Broncos would get veteran leadership short term while grooming a draft pick ... Titans would get a long term solution for QB ...

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Of course, if they wanted to be smart and take a franchise possible LT, the trading for Cutler wouldn't make sense. BUT if they are planning on goinf for Stafford, then trading Cutler would be very smart.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I assure all of you, we have no interest in Jay Cutler. We already have 1 crybaby QB, we don't need another.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I think you are confused... The "they" in my answer is the Lions, not Denver. If the Lions can get Cutler with their #20, then they would pick a LT with their #1. It makes perfect sense - Bring in a franchise QB and draft a stud LT to protect him.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I'm not confused at all. If the Lions are planning on using the #1 overall pick to select, say, Stafford, then why not trade that #1 overall pick to the Broncos, if that is something the Broncos would be interested. This is based on IF the Lions have deemed taking a QB with the #1 overall pick.

7. Tuckfro42

Yeah, but if they can get Cutler for the #20 + a def. player, why would it matter what they were going to do with the #1 pick?

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Depends on if they can get Cutler with a much later pick. Point is, if they have already decided to take Stafford, trading for Cutler would be smarter. This "imaginary situation" has nothing to do with the #20 pick.

9. Tuckfro42

My "imaginary situation" does... and a midget in scuba gear.

10. wtenn

wtenn Starter

Cutler and his agent could have handled the situation better, that's for sure... But McDaniels lied to Cutler about trying to trade him and that is what really set all of this in motion (according to Cutler). Lying to players is about as counter-productive as anything I can imagine a coach doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar