Broncos DB with some choice words for the officials ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

They run about $200....moneymakers

2. kenny

kenny Starter

I am going to be honest. It was a 100% legal block. The run lane would've taken Henry in Harris' direction IF he broke it. Douglas did his job. It's that simple. It wasn't dirty. Antonio Brown (And most all WRs) uses the same block several times a game. Harris Jr is a diva wanting a flag & fine because he looked stupid not defending himself. Add to it they were getting ran all over & he was just plain ole pissed......

I get it....... He and other Bronco players feel that it is "Their jobs as players to protect opposing players from injury; much like the NBA" This is a quote from Von Miller...... However, I LOVE that Mularkey has told his players NOT to play down to ANY social agreement between opposing teams. Such as not putting in effort blocking when a play is not 100% destined to come your way. It is one of the things I like most about his coaching thus far. I believe it has put a new edge on some of our players. We have seen far too often that some of our guys let up on blocks, or allow a scoring run untouched. Screw that. If you can hit them; than freaking hit them. If they cannot take a hit, or block, as it may be, they can leave the millions they are paid & find a safer job.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I was listening to a show on the radio - not sure who it was since they were filling in - but they went on and on about it. They got a former NFL player on - regular guy the show talks to about the NFL... when he was asked about it being dirty or cheap, the former player, essentially, criticized Harris. Keep your head on a swivel. After he hung up... SUBJECT CHANGE!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

NFL has decided Talib didn't deserve a fine for what he trying to unscrew Harry's head. What a joke.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Doesn't bother me too much... as long as Douglas didn't get a bs fine.

6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree. I wasn't too worried about it though, since it wasn't an illegal block. I expect it to be a topic of discussion with the rules committee during the offseason.

7. titansfan80

titansfan80 Starter

Dont know if this was posted yet or not. Some Denver fans were getting angry about this lol:

This was copied from a part of the Denver News Channel Website:
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...-shot-by-harry-douglas-before-the-jersey-swap

Thursday at Dove Valley, Thomas was asked about the jersey swap and the picture. He said, "At the time, I didn’t even know about it. I stayed on the sidelines. I don’t get into brawls. I didn’t really see it until after the game. I’ve known Harry for around eight-plus years now. He’s a great dude. I know he didn’t mean anything bad, but from seeing the play, he could have stayed up and not done that to [CB] Chris [Harris Jr.]. I’m always going to have my guys’ back. I fight with him every day. I see him every day. At the time, I didn’t know it was him. I thought it was number 18 at the time. Once I saw it, I saw it was him.”

Broncos linebacker Von Miller was asked about it on Thursday during his weekly press conference. Von said, “I’m not sure that ‘D.T.’ even knew what happened on the play. Even if he did, is ‘D.T.’ supposed to not give him a jersey because of what happened?15 I think they go way back. They have a relationship off the football field. It was really foggy during the football game anyway. I didn’t really see what happened until we got in the locker room and I got to my phone. You have friends in the National Football League and sometimes that friendship goes way back. I think they’ve known each other for a long time, so it’s nothing really serious about it. What’s ‘D.T.’ supposed to do? ‘No man, I’m not switching jerseys with you.’ I just feel that it’s not that serious.”
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar