Britt's position?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chem, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Cj is why we had such a great year.

He is no longer a hidden weapon. Teams are going to stack the box on CJ.
    Now with Nate out, teams see no deep threat. Gage is slow so Britt has to shine. Without Britt , Gage is a 1 man show down field.

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

cuz we held teams to like 13 points

3. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

So we add more weapons on offense and lose 1 key player on defense and because of Washington's injury, its time to panic?

On average we scored 23.4 ppg and allowed only 14.6 ppg last season.

We scored over 30 points in 6 games, nearly 7 if you include the Browns game.

I'm pretty sure that were going to be okay offensively. We have a good running game and now a promising passing attack.

Are teams going to start keying up on the run? Sure! But for only about the 1st 3-4 games when they get tired of being scored on through the air, via Scaife, Gage, Crumpler, Britt, Cook & Washington when he gets back from his injury....

Losing Haynesworth may not have helped our defensive cause, but I'm sure there were 10 other guys out on the field giving it their all while Haynesworth was still here.

I don't expect the loss of him to cause our defensive ppg to sky rocket.

I do expect our offense to be much more potent this season with all the additions we have made, thus allowing our defense to not have to bail us out on a regular basis.

In short, I think this season Fisherball will be the reason we actually do well. Control the clock and when defenses start putting 7-8 guys in the box, go over their head for 6, keeping our defense off the field and fresh for the 4th quarter!

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

This is just a silly idea that I have read in a few posts. The notion that this year teams "know" about CJ so they won't be caught by surprise. Seriously people this is the NFL. Do you really think in weeks 8-17 and against the ravens opposing coaches and players were like "what the hell just happened in that half, when did that fast kid start playing for the Titans?" People know about CJ shortly after the season started. Knowing about him this year won't make a big difference--they gameplanned for him last year and he still was productive . . . I don't expect much drop off because people know about CJ.

Oh and last year we went 13-3 with JMac as our number 2 . . . I think we will be fine this year if we lined Mickey Mouse up as the number two . . .

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We will see. but im still banking on CJ having a tough year without some WR's taking the heat off him. You cant have a slow #1 WR and a Mickey Mouse #1 WR and expect to keep winning 13 games a season cause we did it once. Teams will adjust.

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

added more weapons? we added one offensive player that has seen a snap in the nfl. hes gone. what im saying and i think jesse is saying... is that our unproven rookies better step up. you seem to already count them as sureshot contributers, when they havent played a real snap against the 1st team, when it counts, yada yada yada

also, the titans scoring stats are pure doodoo and i think most everyone will agree with me. how many games did you see the titans play last year when you could say at half time "ok chalk this one up as a W" not many...

then how many games did u see that gave u like 8 heartattacks... then at like the last minute the other team in a dire situation gives up easy points. - a lot.

7. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

No, in fact, I said that I don't expect Britt to be a contributor this season. If he does, then fantastic!

Also, are you suggesting that NW only seen 1 snap all of last year or that he only started 1 game? If you mean him only starting 1 game, then I don't think that will matter much. Considering he had 40 catches for 631 yards as a #3 and Gage had 34 catches for 651 yards as our #1 WR, I'm sure we'll be fine!

I think the point that is being missed here is that with out all of these offensive rookies that we've just added & NW not being a WR on our team, we still managed to go 13-3 with what we had. So if NW isn't in there, even if the rookies don't step up, we still obviously have the ability to win games with what we do have!

Besides that, it would be logical to think that out of Britt, Cook & Ringer, one of them will have to do well even if it's just one of them each game. Add on top of that having players that have a year or two already in our system and we'll be okay!

How many games did you watch last year that any team had the W by half time? I'd wager to bet not many! This is the NFL. Most games aren't over until the last minutes of the 4th quarter, unless it against the Lions. In which case the game was over before it started.

Also, I think stats say a lot about our situation this year!

Take what we had last year and we win by an average of 9 points per game.

Now add a WR that was as good as any WR on our team as a #3 on the Steelers receiving group and a crop of very promising looking rookies.

Barring some sort of coaching melt down, we can only do better offensively this year!

There were roughly 6 games last regular season that were nail biters. Most of the rest of games we won semi-convincingly!

I think we're going to be fine this season! No reason to panic because a piece of our offense that wasn't on the team last year may be hurt for some time.

Looking @ our schedule, I really think we could easily achieve a 12-4 record this season. We shouldn't do any worse than 9-7 either.

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Am I correct here, Britt hasn't finished preseason of his rookie year and has had 2 injuries?
    History shows us that the Titans suck when it comes to high-end receivers. We've had luck taking vet WRs from the Bears but, not much else.
    For a couple years, Bennett was our best receiver. An undrafted nobody. Then we had Pittsburghs Thigpen, a high priced crippled decoy. That same year, we took a Bengals WR, an x-Tennessee player (can't think of his name), and he ended up sitting next to Thigpen on the sidelines.
    Our best bet for next years #1 WR is to wait and see who the Bears release!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar