Britt talks about mental challenge of return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt was excited and energized in the Titans locker room on Wednesday, following his first practice in almost a year. The 6-3, 215-pounder was off to a great start in 2011, with 17 catches and three touchdowns in less than three full games, before tearing his ACL late in the third contest.

His lengthy rehab from knee surgery was difficult enough, but Britt had to wait an additional week following his one-game NFL suspension for poor personal conduct.

He said he felt slightly stiff after practice Wednesday, but said overall he felt about 90-95 percent completely healthy. It sounded as if the hardest part of his return after the long time away will be mental.

“When I’m running my routes I feel like a freshman back in college, just getting my eyes back, knowing where the safety is and what coverage is out there,” said Britt, who’s expected to get 15-25 snaps against San Diego. “That’s something I need to know as a wide receiver. I’ve got to watch the quarterback at times and see if he changes up the play, and that’s kind of hard.

“Knowing the plays and getting my feet right, running the right route and making sure I’m doing the right thing. That’s what I’m really focusing on.”

Quarterback Jake Locker says he’s eager to have the addition of an option like Britt, who has 15 touchdowns in the 31 career games he’s played over three years. Britt’s also averaged almost 18 yards per catch for the Titans.

“We have a lot of weapons as it is, but Kenny’s a difference maker,” Locker said. “When he’s at his best, he’s one of the best in the league. He’s big, physical, a vertical threat, just a guy that can do a lot of different things. He breaks tackles, makes guys miss and can take short, easy throws into long, explosive plays.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think Britt has plenty of mental challenges

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Exactly what i thought when I saw the headlines

4. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

We need this guy because we already dont have a running game

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I always sign those, even when I disagree.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Kenny was one of the younger players that we've drafted. He may seem immature to us but he's supposed to, he's a kid.

I don't know whether Britt will stay out of trouble or not. What I do know is that he can ball on the field. I'm hoping he's finally taken his lumps and is ready to be a steady part of this franchise. A 100% Kenny would've ran all over the Pats last week.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Thats what pisses me off about the guy. Good thing is if he stays healthy and out of trouble, the fans will love him again in no time.

Edit: And stay off twitter.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really can't buy into the kid excuse. I was pretty wild at 21/22 and never even came close to doing what he does. And I went out and got trashed just about every weekend.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I get stopped pretty regularly by the police. I'm also a 420 partaker. I could have easily been in Kenny's situation. I'm just lucky to have never had those issues. I did however get unlawfully charged with a DUI once though in Chicago. This black cop flipped out on me, made me jump through all these hoops, and then lied in court and forged documentation. Luckily the judge was pretty smart and figured out he was lying and dismissed my case.

Maybe that's why I sympathize with him. I dunno. I'm a big dude with a beard. I get stopped all the time because cops around here seem to think I'm Rick Ross or Scarface or something. No officer, I'm a chef.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

make sure you wear a chin net

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar