britt should start instead of gage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

My thoughts exactly.

Washington has our least dependable hands out of the 3. Ideally though I think the chemistry we're seeing in our Offence shouldn't be disrupted. I would gradually ease Gage back into the scheme rather than give him a large number of snaps like he was used to.

2. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Yeah childress I agree but you know that's not fish's m.o. I think you got to let Nate stay on the field because the other team has to respect the speed but you can't put Kenny back in the Slot because he is not as productive there. IMO Gage or Nate has to be slot man so we can have Kenny on the outside.

3. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Agreed!

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm betting they bring back Gage slowly so Britt should continue to see plenty of work.

5. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I agree with this...Washington is an open field guy, running crosses over the middle and slants to straights down the sideline.

Dinger needs to make adjustments like that when Gage is healthy....USE your weapons and their talents.

As long as Vince keeps growing into a passer....Tennessee might actually be able to have a potent offense.

Revamp the D back to what it was, and add a Potent O?? Superbowl.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Definitely, Britt has been so much more productive, especially lately. I mean, doesn't it seem like he hasn't done anything since he got hurt falling down while making that big play in the 49ers game? Sure, he had two big plays that game that were important for the win, but he hasn't had a single touchdown catch in the last thirty seconds of a game all year! Just cut him, don't even keep him around.

Ok, the above sarcasm aside, I don't entirely agree with this thread. I could get on board with Gage and Britt on the outside and Washington in the slot, when we use all three. I'd expect them to rotate more otherwise, but I don't really care that much who starts. Let's not forget that Gage had some very big games last year, including ten catches in the playoff game. He was a big factor in the Steelers game, and practically beat the Jags himself the second time last season.

I was actually surprised that he was having a quiet season, until the 49ers game, which I was hoping would get him back on track. Now, the injury... that being said, Gage has done some very good things for us. I'm not worried about who starts, I'm just really glad that we have the best top three WRs that we've had on the team at one time in a long time...

7. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

Britt and Gage i think is the better lineup, nate washington going over the middle in the slot kind of scares me, the guy cant catch and it seems like he always hears the foot steps and makes the huge drop. I say give Hawk some more playtime cuz he came thru for us in the clutch. Id like to see Cook in there too in some passing situations to stretch that field.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Gage is actually more comfortable in the slot, but we've had to have him playing outside also just because there wasn't any other option. As they work him back in I'd like to see them start making that transition to move him inside. Gage has been very good for us - he took over the Ravens playoff game when CJ went down. Let's not forget that he made a clutch catch similar to Britt's which is what got him injured in the first place.

Britt is clearly the future, IMO. He's the #1 WR we've been missing. With some pressure off Gage now I expect we'll have 3 very productive WRs. No reason we can't run some 3 WR sets, especially with the kind of run blocking we get from all 3 receivers.

9. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Yea you mentioned the one important thing...Run Blocking, which is huge. Run a 3 WR set, defenses wont be able to put 8+ in the box all the time, leaves to many holes/gaps open.

And if you do choose to run, you should have the field spread out for CJ, with guys out there that can block for him.

Id love to see more 3WR 1TE sets....seems like you can have huge options out of that.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

OH NO YOU DIDN'T
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar