Britt Placed on PUP List

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

And we won't know unless it happens.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Don't get too worked up on this. The only reason he is on PUP is so that if anything happens to aggravate it, then he won't take up a roster spot. Also it's so they don't have to put him on IR and have him out all season.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Obviously they don't want him to aggravate the injury but there is also the issue of a roster spot now. If he can't participate having him PUPed means they can wait until he is ready to bring him on the roster and they don't have to make a cut to make room for him. No reason to take up a roster spot for a guy who is not ready to practice.

Peyton Manning got PUPed last year and the Colts have PUPed Sanders this year. During the pre-season a player can be removed from the PUP at anytime (the team may have to cut another player to get below the roster limit) but once the season starts PUPed players can't return for 6 weeks.

Because the Titans will be playing 5 pre-season games Britt will still have a chance to play in 4 pre-season games and unless he sits out past the HOF game he will still have opportunities to get some game time. I'm not sure making comments his rookie season is some how a loss at this point make total sense. Obviously he will have some catching up to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar