Britt in Nashville for hearing, facing lawsuit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt was in Nashville on Thursday to attend a judicial settlement hearing related to a lawsuit filed against him and two other parties in 2011.

Harold E. Pointer filed a civil suit against Britt, Bradford Miser and the Karma Lounge owned by Midnight Oil following a scuffle at the nightclub. Pointer is seeking $150,000 in compensatory and punitive damages.

Attorney William Stover, who represents Pointer, was also present at the hearing in front of Judge Joe Binkley, Jr. Stover said he’s scheduled to take a deposition from Britt in the coming weeks, and expects the case to go to trial by summer.

Pointer’s complaint alleges counts of assault and battery against Miser and Britt, as well as negligence against the bar. Police questioned Britt in connection with the incident, which occurred Oct. 22, 2010, but never charged him.

“Kenny disputes what happened,’’ Stover said. “I think it’s a good case. The question is how much.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Wouldn't be a ___day without a Kenny Britt legal trouble headline.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kenny and all his court issues reminds me of Tupac and his. Two talented young wealthy nit-wits always goofing up.

Too bad to cause theyre both bright guys always in the wrong place at the wrong time. And its always petty nonsense stuff too.

I guess all Kenny really needs is a Ben Roethlisberger type of deal to really be like Tupac. That and someone shooting at him

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol.... Dis guy...

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

wait isnt this old stuff being brought up again? not like he messed up again. as someone who is like britt always getting in stupid little trouble i must say it seems like once your in your in for good they always bringin up stuff.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

150k for getting in a bar fight? I should definitely move to the US.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

We are the most litigious country in the history of the planet. It's disgusting. If you save a person's life here, or even give someone a Band-Aid, expect a subpoena. Half of my friends are lawyers... and I hate lawyers! Law schools here pull in a lot of money for universities, so they are cranking out two lawyers for every one real person here. If you have the money to buy a law degree, you can get one. The reason gay marriage is such a big issue here is because gay divorce is about to be the biggest boon industry in the history of Western civilization. What else would we do with all of these lawyers? Sue the most promiscuous people on the planet for being themselves!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar