Britt almost like a rookie in Titans system

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Strange as it might sound at first, Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt has one less start during the Mike Munchak era than rookie wide receiver Kendall Wright.

Due to injuries and his one-game suspension, Britt has only four starts over the past two seasons, compared to five for Wright.

That may go a long way toward explaining the ups and downs of Britt’s performances on Thursday. In the win over Pittsburgh, Britt made some big plays, hauling in one 37-yard reception and making a game-tying touchdown catch as well. But he also dropped a couple of passes, bobbled a couple of catches and appeared to be on the wrong page as quarterback Matt Hasselbeck on a couple of routes.

“Kenny hasn’t played in a year,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said of Britt, who’s only played in seven games since Munchak, offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and quarterbacks Hasselbeck and Jake Locker came on board.

“He’s still learning this offense also for the most part. He’s played in a handful of games here in his last two years of Chris’s system, so he’s learning how to locate the ball.

“So it’s a lot of little things like that. At times we look like we’re a little off, dropping some balls or maybe not on the same page. But those are some of the growing pains we’ve been going through the last few weeks.”

Britt himself acknowledged earlier in the week that he’s still getting back to full speed — vision-wise — after missing all of training camp recovering from knee surgeries. That plays into the bobbles and drops as well.

“I think sometimes he’s surprised the ball is there, the timing of how quickly the ball is there,” Munchak said. “I think sometimes young receivers think that maybe they’re not going to be the main target and all of a sudden the ball is on them. I think it’s just learning and getting better at route-running, reading coverage, all those things for a young guy.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

that is all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

On the touchdown that he almost dropped, it was encouraging to see him p*ssed at himself after all his teammates were celebrating and embracing him.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think I am slowly coming around to Britt, time will tell.

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

just keep wearing makeup and putting on sunglasses to hide those bruises.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

With Britt its no mystery.... if he performs, you will like him.

Just has to stop being retarded and getting hurt.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He is a GREAT WR when he's healthy and head straight.. Way better than Wright. But, he's hurt most of the time. I still don't like him as a person, never will.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He looked like a rookie out there, but he always seems to struggle catching the ball in his first couple of games... his first games of the season have come in preseason in the past.

He was really pissing me off last night. Luckily that ball bounced right back to him. That was an embarrassing drop... right between the numbers. He should've caught the one before that too.

10. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Hopefully he'll get it together both on the field and off, if he does hes a heck of a weapon for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar