Bring on the offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nash

Nash Starter

Between Fisher and Reese, the GM is not going anywhere.. Reese is Adams most trusted and respected employee...my understanding is that Fisher stays 1 more year because BUD does not want him to go to Houston...kind of like having an ex-wife move into your neighborhood- nobody wants that..and Reese will pick the next coach (personally I'm hoping for Greg Williams)

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm kinda partial to John Singeltary myself. Anyone know what's the deal with him? Is he available to sign this offseason?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you mean Mike Singletary from San Fran?

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah. I got the director and DC confused. :ha:

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I just hate our team now. We used to get mad at people when they ran the ball down our throats, now we just shake their hands on the way to the endzone. This is a pathetic excuse of a defensively coached team[blame that on whoever you want]. The excuses were: injuries last year, salary cap purge and youth this year, what will it be next year? Horrible coaching decision[keeping Schwartz] will be my excuse for another wimpy, no-pride having Defense next year.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Im not so sure on Singletary, I know he did a lot with a 49er team that has little talent and a lot of injuries but they did rank last or close too that in defense.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

True. A little too soon to be considering him a great coach just because he was a great player. And why would SF want Schwartz when they turned him down last year, now that I think about it?

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well if he's already been word that some teams are interested in him as a HC, then he must have some knowledge as a DC. Anyway, that was just a name I was throwing around. I don't think Gregg Williams would come back as a DC (he's destined for HC this offseason anyway).

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

San Fran chose Nolan over Schwartz for the HC job, apparently Schwartz was their 2nd or 3rd choice.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he would have been my first choice as SF HC that is sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar