Brian Robiskie/ Jared Cook

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Not surprising coming from the fan base who criticized Marvin Harrison for making 1st down catches in front of soft defenses for 15 years. The fact that some guys can do it in the middle of the field is even more impressive. That **** should be respected and valued properly.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Dallas Clark is the guy who gets thing done in the middle of the field for the Colts. Just my opinion but I don't see Gonzo being all that impressive if he takes over for Marvin. He might have some decent numbers because of the QB and Wayne on the other side but if you put him in our system opposite Gage I seriously doubt he is much better than what we already have. IMO the guy is a #2 or slot guy.

Also, I never understood how anyone could say anything negative about Harrison. I certainly wasn't one of the base who criticized Marvin Harrison for making 1st down catches in front of soft defenses for 15 years.

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

He doesn't have to IMO. They can draft a #2 guy. That's why I think a guy like Derrick Williams is perfect for Indy. THAT would be Harrisons replacement. Why mess with Gonzo? He's already one of the best at what he does.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

On the Gonzalez being a 'slot machine' comment:

I would be a slot machine if I had Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison to my left and right. That Dallas Clark guy takes a bit of attention also.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

They all made each other better.

6. jimmae

jimmae Guest

Not the best route runner... but I wouldn't mind looking at Cook as a WR in the second round given that most or all decent WR will be gone by our go around.

If he doesn't work there, move him to TE again.

Or am I alone there?

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Jarrett Dillard is a solid player.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Nah, not alone, I just think SC tried him at receiver, which he played in high school as well, but ultimately kept coming back to TE where he matched up best. They still used him situationally as a WR in certain packages, though, and I could see the Titans using him that way for sure.

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I'm sold. Get Robiskie in the late second.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

If you want a guy who is going to be a great TE in the league for the next 8-10 years go with Chase Coffman from Missouri in the 2nd. I love his game, he was IMO the best player on the Missouri team last year.

Crosby is a good bargin in the 5th or 6th and he has a chance to be a Wes Welker type of possession receiver. He catches everything thrown to him and he always finds a way to get open.

I really don't like any receivers enough to draft them in the 1st or 2nd round, I just don't see us getting good quality in this draft. I prefer to trade out of the 1st round and stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I think the strength of this draft will be found in rounds 2-4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar