Brian Robiskie/ Jared Cook

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Both ohio state Wrs are solid route runners and can catch the ball. Robislie in rd 2 or hartline in rd 3 would be worth consideration.

Jared cook would be a real nice guy to have for the next 5-6 years. I would strongly consider him for our first pick.
  2. JayMizzle

JayMizzle Camp Fodder

To have Jared Cook...man our team needs that physical presence on the offensive side, Alge is showing his age. Cook is a beast, I saw him doing the combine yesterday, he is built like a steel wall.

Brian Robiskie could really help out the load on the receivers, he is a hard worker from what I see. He runs hard every play and you can just see that he takes football seriously. Not just playing to get that paycheck. I believe he could really contribute and boost our offensive fire power. WE need that "UMPH" to the passing game.

Good observation GLINKS
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Robiskie may have combine'd his way into the 1st round. If we want a shot at him we either take him at 30 or trade back a couple of spots. No way he's there at pick 62.

Reminds me a lot of one of his dad's WRs...Roddy White.
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

The first time I saw Jared Cook play, I wanted him in a Titans uniform ASAP. Much like Morgan Burnett now. He's a monster.
  5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Agree and Disagree.

Agree that Robiskie is not worth a 1st round pick. IMO he's a second tier wide-out.

Disagree on Gonzalez. He's a slot machine. Well worth a 1st round pick IMO.
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

As an Ohio State fan and having seen every one of Robiskie's games he's nothing like White. Robiskie stinks, take my word for it, you don't want him on this team.
  7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Okay. I think we get it. :lol: If you're right, I hope we don't get him.
  8. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

If you are saying Gonzalez is a slot WR I'm not sure there are many of those guys worth a 1st round pick. Harvin might be an exception because he can get big yards after the catch. I honetly believe if we had a guy like Gonzalez on the Titans as a 1st round pick we would be dissapointed because he isn't a great playmaker. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see him as much more than Hawkins.
  9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm with you. I don't see why not. People are like, "but we got Scaife." Hmm. Gone after a year, possibly. Crumpler gone after a year. Stevens, what is he? Well, we know he's a blocking TE at least. Let's get Cook and freak teams out some more. This guy's going to demand double coverage flying down the seam. LB and safety, buh-bye. Put him out wide, he can bludgeon a corner at the line and take off. This is a guy even Vince should be able to throw to. Let's just take a guy like this rather than get a Tony Gonzalez. Probably looking at 5 years, $12M, like CJ last year at #24. Heimi and Zimmy are probably going nuts. This guy converted from WR as well. I think I'd take this guy over Pettigrew.
  10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think it depends on what you have and what that guy is giving you. I'd give a first for Wes Welker. I think the the thing is they shouldn't be slot-exclusive. Gonzalez can lineup outside as well. I would give a first for a guy "who can make plays from the slot" as well as outside. Jones, Washington, Harvin, Hawkins should all be players who fit that to one degree or another. Lance Moore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.