Brett Favre vs. rest of the league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This guy sucks. He's the most overrated player to ever play the game.

He has 5 turnovers in two games. The Vikings have only scored 19 points along the way. He is 28th with a QB rating of 56.1, behind guys like Edwards (who has been benched), Delhomme, Campbell, Bradford, Hill, Anderson, Wallace, Hasselbeck, Dixon, Freeman, and Sanchez.

I think it's hilarious. And to those of you who said you'd rather have Favre than Rodgers... good call!

I guess the Vikings shouldn't have traded away their Super Bowl QB, Rosenfels. :)

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'd really like to see his career crash and burn, and here's why:

It's really selfish and arrogant to be talking about retirement and then swoop in at the last second avoiding camps and practices and pushing the erstwhile starter out of the way and to the back of the line. Even has the coach pick him up at the airport two years in a row?... like he can't afford to rent a car or take a cab? I'll bet that made him feel really special inside. I wonder if he sends Childress out to get his pizza and do his laundry for him as well?

Here's a great idea: CAREER-ENDING INJURY. Enough of his crap.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

False.

The guy is 40 do you expect him to still be great? It's a shame Favre has ruined his own legacy a bit with all these comebacks but people forget how amazing he used to be.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's only had one season with a QB rating of 100+... and that was last season. He's had some great seasons and some pretty average to mediocre ones too. He sucked in 2005, 2006, 2008, and now 2010... and was pretty average in plenty of other seasons.

I think it would be a challenge to find a more overrated QB than Favre.

If he had just retired after '07 like he should have, or stayed with the Packers then no one would be laughing at his misfortunes.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Favre had mad game in his day and wasn't overrated during that stretch. Stats don't always tell the story.
    He's just milked it for too long..

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Hard to call any QB who WILL be in the hall of fame and has won a Superbowl overrated but that's just me.

I'd say Michael Vick was a lot more overrated especially during his time in Atlanta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar