Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, May 4, 2010.

?
  1. Brett Favre

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. Aaron Rodgers

24 vote(s)
    77.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Favre has another 4 yrs left.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Looking at last year I think the Vikings WRs, TEs and RBs helped Favre as much as he helped them. Favre was a big step up from the Qbs throwing the balls in Minny the last few years and I think Rogers on the Vikes has similar success.

Remember that although the Vikings were 5th in the NFL in total offense last season the Packers were right behind them in 6th (a whopping 0.5 yards more per game). Keep in mind the Vikings had possibly the best RB combo in the NFL although the Packers were not that far off in rushing yardage per game.

Rogers threw for over 4400 yards last year with a 103 rating. He threw for 4000 yards the year before. The guy is the real deal and definately one of the best QBs in the NFL at only 26 years of age. I would have taken Rogers last year and really thought the Packers made the right choice.

3. JCBRAVE

Sidney Rice is on record crediting Favre for his stellar 2009 play. Rice said. “He’s great at reading defenses and he knows all the coverages. He’s been around a long time and doesn’t get fooled by what the linebackers and corners do. He’s great at looking them off and putting the ball where they can’t get to it. I think all of the receivers have become very comfortable with how he throws the ball and we go into each play knowing that it may be coming our way.”

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess Favre is the first decent QB Rice has ever had throw the ball to him. Certainly having a good QB is going to help the WRs have better seasons but that doesn't mean Rogers couldn't have done the same thing.

5. AH3

AH3 Rookie

It'll take that long for him to retire "officially". He'll still be considering coming back like 4 years after he's been retired. Don't be shocked when you see the story on Sportscenter in half a decade.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Is he? He's lead two teams in three years to the NFC championship. His two best years have occurred in the past 3 years. Last year was far and away his best season ever in terms of numbers. He squashed Rogers last year. I'd start my franchise with Rogers just because he's younger, but Favre is playing better at this point.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The way they were helping out Tavaris Jackson, right? Favre turned Shiancoe into a ball catching TE. Same with Sidney Rice for that matter. The Vikings had no passing game at all two years ago, and they were among the most explosive in the league last year. Difference? Favre. No way you can attribute that to the players that were involved in their abysmal pass attack prior to his getting there.

8. JCBRAVE

You guys know Favre has another 15 years in Minnesota right? So that future QB thing is crap at best. Rodgers will retire before Favre.

He used the Falcons the same way he used the Jets. Those two teams were just stepping stones for his NFC North careers part 1 and 2.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I gotcha.

That being said, I still don't agree. You said that two of his best seasons have occurred in the past 3 years. I just don't see that. Yes, he has made two NFC championships, choking miserably both times. I lol'd hard when I watched Favre lose to the Giants and when he lost to the Saints.

He was NFL MVP 3 years in a row from 1995-1997, reaching two Super Bowls and winning one in that time period... and you're telling me that two of his best seasons occurred in the past 3 years? I'm not buying that.

10. JCBRAVE

Did you guys know that while Tiger Woods was in sex rehab in Mississippi, his wife Elin was staying with Brett Favre and his family. Brett has advised her to divorce him, remarry him, divorce him, remarry...............

Brett doesn't have a son does he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar