Brett Favre asks to be traded

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We know that, but the Falcons don't, they traded Schaub, so why would they want Favre?...

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

with the exception of KC and maybe Atlanta

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how ironic would it be for favre to win a ring with falcons after them trading him to green bay?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My first rule is, play if you want to play.

My second rule is, if someone is going to pay you 10-30 million for a season, that's something to think about. You can do a lot with that kind of money. You can never have too much money. You just buy bigger things like franchises.

That said, this isn't baseball, you don't accumulate important stats in the nfl, so if you can't compete, you gotta consider droppin the bags off.

Some luster is lost, and every player who goes to another nfl team, ususally is horrible ( montana being the exception), and even montana will be forgotten as a chief. Those years are simply forgotten. So you don't find too many examples of this working in the nfl. Not too many at all. That says a lot.

The Hero exit. Overrated. Play until you want to stop playing. But I do think there are some things to consider when almost every nfl player goes to die in this scenario. It's kinda like the writing on the wall.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

The annual off-season Brett Favre soap opera continues. Why doesn't he just take half a season off and come back in play in week 8? It works for Clemens

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Favre is a publicity hoe. The past few years, all talk out of Green Bay and dominating sports talk was "is Favre gonna retire?" Since Favre allegedly said he'd return this year, there was no talk of him. He grew antsy about lack of seeing his name on Sports Center and NFL Network and had to do something.

Truth is, he was talked off the ledge by the GM and his coach and he will not seek a trade. However, his name is back in the news.

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Brett Favre has set back the Packers franchise by at least 2 years.

They drafted Rodgers cause he was hinting at retiring. They've kept him so Rodgers hasn't played in 2 years thus far, coming upto his third so they don't know what they've got in him. They could have drafted someone else and improved the franchise today rather than a QB they didn't need at least for 2 year.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Favre has been doing this a long time...he knows what he needs in the way of weapons to be successful. VY can get by without a stud WR because of his playmaking ability, Farve depends on his arm mostly. I can see his point. He gets talked into coming back for another year, then the organization doesn't do anything to help him.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Two things:

1. I think it is more a case of the media being infatuated with Favre rather than him seeking attention. He isn't a publicity hoe. He has hardly made a quote in the media or spoken out in any offseason. Almost all the stories speculating about his retirement or wanting a trade are just journalists speculating.

2. I think they know exactly what they have in Aaron rodgers and that is why they want Favre to keep playing. Brady Quinn would have been awfully tempting. Rodgers will not be a successful QB in the NFL.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Rodgers wasn't an early 1st round pick so it wasn't like they gave up drafting a player that could have made that much of a difference anyway. I'm not sure GB still didn't do the right thing by drafting Rodgers because they may still need him in the near future.

Farve is frustrated and it is understandable. In 2004 the Packers draft picks were CB, CB, DT, P, DT and C. In 2005 they took QB, FS, WR (Terrance Murphy), SS, OLB, OT, CB, DE, WR (Craig Bragg), LB, and OG. In 2006 they took OLB (AJ Hawk), OT, WR (Greg Jennings), MLB, OG, WR (Cory Rodgers), CB, QB, OG, DT, SS, and DE.

IMO the team didn't draft the skill players Farve needed to be successful while losing any quality at the WR position he already had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar