Brees signs with Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Or none of them? Looks like we are loading up for a run immediately...

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

If Leinhart is there you can book it. He'll be a Titan..

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we will still draft our future QB in this draft

4. joe6pack

joe6pack Guest

If they are going for it all now, one might wonder if AJ Hawk isn't in our sights at No. 3. God, I hope so as his presence would be felt immediately!

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Woah, don't know about that one...we've made some good acquisitions, but we're atleast a year or two away from making a run.

EDIT: I could see truth in your statement if we nab Greisen and Hope, but nothings concrete on those two.....

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I think the Mawae signing is the biggest indication that they want to be a contendor this year. They've got several young linemen that they could have played at center and grown with an eye towards the future. Signing Mawae only makes sense if you want to win now.

7. Raydawg

Raydawg Titans Rock !!!!

Define 'make a run.' We are just filling our holes. These are nice signings but we are not making a run at the trophy. We could be setting up making a run at a playoff spot if.....

We solve our safety and CB issues.
    The new OLine comes together and jells.
    Brown and Henry can get it done.
    Givens and Bennett are a good 1, 2 punch
    AND Steve stays healthy

We either draft a QB at #3 or trade down.

I like Matt much better than Vince. Jay would be a great story. Do we have the grapefruits to take the guy? Don't know. He reminds me so much of Favre.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm pretty sure there's no chance we're drafting Hawk now. We just signed Thornton, I think we're set there for the offseason, unless we sign a backup. We're drafting a QB...

9. Exactly my thinking. If it was just Givens and Thornton, well those guys are young and can be part of a building process. But Mawae isn't going to be around for long.

They are trying to win soon. Probably with McNair still around. So they could easily avoid QB in the draft and go for someone who can help immediately.

10. titansfan13

titansfan13 Guest

IMO we should go with leinart..but if they are trying to win now i can see us trading down a few spots and picking up someone like huff to sure up the secondary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar