Breaking News: Stallworth signs with......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

good point. the pats also draft great.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

From Peter King:
    As for Reinfeldt, there were two bad signs -- and two bad signings -- for the Titans on Sunday evening. The Patriots signed the receiver Tennessee really wanted, Donte' Stallworth. The Titans offered him more guaranteed money and more average per year than New England did, but the Patriots got him because they're a better team with a better quarterback right now. And Philadelphia signed the restricted Dallas free-agent linebacker Tennessee wanted, Ryan Fowler.

It seems other players aren't as enthusiastic about VY as we are. Not only do we lose two of our WR's, but another one passes us up for less money. Can't spend that money if you are in the hospital. I am still amazed that a team spent $30M on Drew, since he drops so many passes. Don't these teams read our message boards?

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

yeah i read taht bout how we offered him more money...was kinda shcoekd actually...

but as for the pats...the funny thing is i dont think they will ahve a great yr...i dont know...it seems that its time for them to have a down one...i dotn know why...but u heard it hear first lol (kinda going out on a limb ...but this gut feelin i have is that they wont have a great yr...sure theyll prob get int he playoffs but thats only b/c there division is garbage)

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i think we dodged a bullet
    love the deal the Pats gave him
    there should be more of those

he should be back on the market next year

5. According to an espn anlyst there were two bad signs -- and two bad signings -- for the Titans on Sunday evening. The Patriots signed the receiver Tennessee really wanted, Donte' Stallworth. The Titans offered him more guaranteed money and more average per year than New England did, but the Patriots got him because they're a better team with a better quarterback right now.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

shallow market+ cap increase= overspeding. havent you been paying attention the past 2 weeks?

in all seriousness though, he does drop a lot of passes. 6 drops for 46 catches. not a good ratio.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

See if that number remains the same with Bulger throwing to him.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why, does Bulger have some special stuff on his hands that acts like a stick 'em for Receivers?

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

No, he's a great deal more accurate, and puts the ball where it needs to be for a receiver to make catches. Drew is a very tall receiver, and is better at catching balls up high. It's the little nuances that make a difference. You just really don't get it do you? We lose two receivers, and then Stallworth passes up more money so Brady can throw to him. Maybe the light bulb will go on one day.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh so now the ball wasn't thrown high enough.

Is it really that painful? You have to get so personal just because I can actually provide hard evidence of Drew's drop it problem?

Yes we did lose two Receivers, of course if you could actually learn to read you would realise we lowballed Wade and never made an offer for Drew.

Now if Drew were really as good as you think, a team with first hand knowledge and has been with him for 5 years, they would have resigned him. We have the money, so it certainly isn't about that.

I'm sure the hamster will start turning that wheel soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar