Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I may watch and episode or two tonight. Problem is when I have netflix on, I usually end up goofing off on the computer somewhere.

2. Titandude

Titandude Stand Up Guy!

Started Season One on Netflix this past weekend. Already halfway thru the season! Good stuff!

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

All you guys wanting to catch up with the series..... Good choice. It is an awesome series. I bought season one through four on ebay and blew through them in one week. Now we are up to date watching 5 and it sucks cuz we have to wait a week inbetween episodes. I paid 60 for the set new, watched it, then sold the set used for 50. lol.

4. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Walt is a manipulative little ***** and I like it.

5. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

such an awesome show. decided to watch it on netflix back in may and was instantly hooked. i was so used to Cranston being a nutjob on malcom in the middle. they did an excellent job of advancing his character over the seasons from the nerd teacher to the meth making badass.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Walt "broke bad" the day he started cooking meth but poisoning a kid is extreme.

Not sure how the concept of a good guy breaking bad automatically means he becomes evil and hurts innocents. He certainly has to harm those who represent a threat to himself. Like crazy 8 for example.

The show has been more mild only because it is early in the season. The level of violence always seems to rachet up as a season moves on.

Note that Gail was a chemist who cooked meth but was not an evil man.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This should be obvious by now, but for those who aren't caught up, tread carefully in this thread. I intended it to be a S5 discussion thread for those who keep up. There is a "Breaking Bad" thread or two out there for those who are just starting. Just beware of spoilers.

My point was that each season Walt gets darker and darker. The opening scene of the series (the huge gun) - obviously something crazy is going down to end the series. It's going to be a bloodbath.

I need to take back what I said about Walt being lighter so far this season. I re-watched the latest episode (too many people talking while I'm trying to watch - I should probably watch alone) and realized how crazy he is getting. He definitely manipulated Jesse into leaving his girlfriend and he made it seem as if Skyler's affair was the reason for their separation so that her sister thinks he's the good guy.

I didn't catch Walt's conversation with Jesse in the final scene because I kept getting distracted. He clearly wants to kill Mike, saying that Victor got his throat slit because he was taking liberties that aren't his to take (like Mike giving all their money to the other guys in jail). He has really gone insane.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

WW needs too be in control and is not liking it at all that Mike is getting his way with the $ flow.

But Mike is right when WW killed GF he inherited the legacy costs.

Oh well Mr. Lambert has a BFG so I suspect he will be using it - lol
    plus Walts cough is back so I am guessing that plays into the BFG acquisition

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"I didn't catch Walt's conversation with Jesse in the final scene because I kept getting distracted. He clearly wants to kill Mike, saying that Victor got his throat slit because he was taking liberties that aren't his to take (like Mike giving all their money to the other guys in jail). He has really gone insane. "

Exactly! They made a gross of $1.3M from the meth they cooked which is $400,000+ each(obviously) but after expenses they each got only $128,000 and Walt was pissed. He was especially pissed at paying off the guys left over from when Gus ran things.

Normal business expenses really and they need Mike as much as anybody. I'm sure ultimately it becomes a big blood bath and Walt and Jesse will only survive by sticking together. That is the only reason they are still alive.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Brilliant using those pest control guys and having the mobile lab. Only Walt would think of that.

If they do a cook every week they would be netting $3M a year in the least risky way possible. So of course Walt won't be satisfied lol.

And what about Sal? He's making a mint doing very little!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar