Braylon Edwards?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Apparently the 49ers cut him today which is odd considering their lack of WR depth. But would anyone be interested in the Titans giving him a look? Obviously it's too late for him to make an impact this year, but a lot of people are calling for us to draft a receiver in the first round next year (Something I am opposed to). He is a talented guy, just hasn't really put it together, and ran into injury troubles this year.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He didn't do anything really all year. I'd rather a late round draft pick, like a comp 4th or a 5th on Jordan white from Western Michigan. He's gonna shoot up draft boards once he gets to the combine, still be questions cuz of health concerns, but Edwards is a sour apple from what I've seen, not our type of player.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

He has also ran into attitude troubles his entire career. NO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I would like to see the Titans take a shot at Marques Colston. But I think he will cost too much.

But sometimes taking a flier a guy like Edwards can pay HUGE.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Edwards is hurt. He tore cartilage in his knee early in the year and really struggled to move around. He can't cut, he can't jump, he can't run, etc....

I don't think he is necessarily done, but he is certainly injury-prone.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Honestly, I like the way our young guys at receiver are stepping up. Drafting one in the first round would be a bit much, there are other areas we could go to. Really, I think we should just take the best available player on the board when we draft. Hopefully it's a center.

Braylon may be a decent one year answer for receiver depth. However, Nate Washington, imo, has stepped up in a major way, and assuming Britt does play and is healthy enough to be our starter, I don't see that we even need to upgrade. Dameon Williams has shown enough to be our slot receiver. He's been inconsistent with the drops, that that is fixable. Him and Hawkins will platoon nicely behind Britt and Washington next year. Edwards wouldn't be much more then an insurance policy in case somebody (Kenny Britt) gets hurt.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Great. I finally find a team I'm really good with on Madden and now you've gotta release Braylon. Who the hell can I throw to now besides Crabtree and Davis?!

Thanks a lot 9ers.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wow a guy who has made $25M in his career makes a very well advertised $10,000 donation to something! What a man..

His attitude issues are on the field. He has been very inconsistent his whole career and has never seemed to play up to his potential. Only one thousand yard season out of 8.

Duece just defends him because he played for the corn and blue.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar