Bratkowski and Tucker Gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chronos, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 305phonzo

305phonzo Starter

Chris Carter for new coach. Draft Mike Williams and Stacey Coley

2. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I was shocked by the firing, because I thought our WRs overachieved more than any other group on our team this year. Matthews with the most TDs in a season since Britt, and only Hasselbeck and Moon has produced more passing yards in a single season than Mariota did this year (and he was less than 150 from passing Hasselbeck, had he been able to go Week 17). So, I felt like the WRs showed up.

But he was a personal friend of Mularkey, so I'm sure he wouldn't have been fired unless he absolutely needed to be.

3. kenny

kenny Starter

I am curious as to who Mularkey will be looking at for WR Coach.

Whoever the WR Coach may be; I would not be at all surprised if Andre Johnson was hired to be a Special Assistant or Quality Control Coach of WRs. Mularkey has a huge amount of love for that guy.

Honestly it would not be a bad idea IMO. He will not know a lot about coaching. So it would need to be a lower level, advisory or intern, type deal. However, he is a great person(According to those who played with him); who has recently accomplished great things at the position. I think players would relate very well to him. He is also some one that is very well respected for what he accomplished & his work ethic. I really believe that would go a long way with young players.

I am not advocating hiring him to lead the WRs himself. He does not have the experience teaching, or coaching for that IMO. However, I could very easily see him transitioning to coaching WRs with a few years experience under a real WR Coach...............Just thinking outside the box.

4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Don't think Matthews liked him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

VERY good point..........I forgot about that. Matthews sure did not seem too happy about splitting time with him.

You are on target with that one.

And you cannot blame him. Once the aging vet was out of the way; Matthews' production took off. Matthews really excelled down the stretch.

#35 kenny, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  6. kenny

kenny Starter

I do, however, think Johnson may have a few tricks; or training methods he could teach the youngster. Matthews has already began to break out. The rookie, or even younger guys would probably be more likely to learn from him. Guys like Sharpe or whoever we pick up in the draft.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Likely due to him having limited experience/clashed with players/Coaches. Robiskie was the WR coach in Atlanta so it could have been a teaching issue between coaches.

I'm guessing it possibly has more to due with tapping a higher talented coach for drafting our future wr1.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

WR coach is a cursed position at Tennessee.

9. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Would definitely up our young guys' hookers and blow game.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't even know who these coaches are

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar